Froxlor Forum

Release candidate 0.10.0 - It's Froxlor, but with API :)

d00p

9 minutes ago, Chaos234 said:

/var/www/froxlor/lib/navigation/10.tickets.php

This file is no longer part of froxlor. Remove it ;) I think the updater should do that ... Definitely something for the final version

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 3 Minuten schrieb d00p:

This file is no longer part of froxlor. Remove it ;) I think the updater should do that ... Definitely something for the final version

Yes, this was the only problem ;)

Uhm, is this also normal? I means the double / between froxlor and install ?

php /var/www/froxlor//install/scripts/config-services.php --froxlor-dir=/var/www/froxlor/ --create

Looking at all the settings to check all new ones out and if I find smth. wired, I'll post it here ok?

38 minutes ago, Chaos234 said:

Uhm, is this also normal? I means the double / between froxlor and install ?

Can happen, but harmless ;)

39 minutes ago, Chaos234 said:

Looking at all the settings to check all new ones out and if I find smth. wired, I'll post it here ok?

Awesome, thanks ;)

19 hours ago, d00p said:

added, commited, pushed, now part of current git-master. 

Hi,
is set up a new Server with Debian Buster. The Wiki install guide provides no guidance whatsoever on what the server needs to start the web-installer, would be nice to have a complete install guide when there is no LAMP Stack in place.

i now get this error message during the installation:

Checking MySQL-root access...	OK
Creating backup of old database...	OK (/tmp/froxlor_backup_201909171108.sql)
Preparing database...	OK
Creating database and username...	OK
Testing if database and user have been created correctly...	SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'froxlor'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'froxlor'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

mysql> use mysql;

Database changed
mysql> select user from user;
+------------------+
| user             |
+------------------+
| mysql.infoschema |
| mysql.session    |
| mysql.sys        |
| root             |
+------------------+
4 rows in set (0,00 sec)

I am Using:

mysql 8.0.17-1debian10 (With mysql native password)
php 7.3.4-2
apache 2.4
Kernel 4.9.0-3

i hope you can help with this.
Should i create the user and Database manually?

49 minutes ago, DaSilva said:

The Wiki install guide provides no guidance whatsoever on what the server needs to start the web-installer, would be nice to have a complete install guide when there is no LAMP Stack in place.

Updated the wiki

49 minutes ago, DaSilva said:

Should i create the user and Database manually?

No, normally the installer does this for you. What version are you testing with, latest git-master?

Wonderfull, works like a Charm.

Now i wanted to test the configuration Script:

Here is what i did:

php /var/www/froxlor//install/scripts/config-services.php --froxlor-dir=/var/www/froxlor/ --create

this is the json i got:

{"distro":"buster","http":"apache24","dns":"x","smtp":"postfix_dovecot","mail":"dovecot_postfix2","ftp":"proftpd","system":["cron","awstats","libnssextrausers","logrotate","php-fpm"]}

All went well until php fpm, here is the output:

php7.3-fpm (7.3.4-2) wird eingerichtet ...

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/fpm/php.ini with new version
NOTICE: Not enabling PHP 7.3 FPM by default.
NOTICE: To enable PHP 7.3 FPM in Apache2 do:
NOTICE: a2enmod proxy_fcgi setenvif
NOTICE: a2enconf php7.3-fpm
NOTICE: You are seeing this message because you have apache2 package installed.
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/php7.3-fpm.service → /lib/systemd/system/php7.3-fpm.service.
php-fpm (2:7.3+69) wird eingerichtet ...
Trigger für systemd (241-7~deb10u1) werden verarbeitet ...
PHP Warning:  Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=22149 in /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Database/Database.php on line 83
froxlor[22149]: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away
froxlor[22149]: --- DEBUG: #0 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Database/Database.php(83): PDOStatement->execute(Array) #1 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Settings.php(109): Froxlor\Database\Database::pexecute(Object(PDOStatement), Array) #2 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Settings.php(179): Froxlor\Settings::storeSetting('panel', 'is_configured', '1') #3 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Cli/Action/ConfigServicesAction.php(298): Froxlor\Settings::Set('panel.is_config...', '1', true) #4 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Cli/Action/ConfigServicesAction.php(41): Froxlor\Cli\Action\ConfigServicesAction->applyConfig() #5 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Cli/Action/ConfigServicesAction.php(19): Froxlor\Cli\Action\ConfigServicesAction->validate() #6 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Cli/CmdLineHandler.php(64): Froxlor\Cli\Action\ConfigServicesAction->run() #7 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Cli/CmdLineHandler.php(47): Froxlor\Cli\CmdLineHandler->__construct(2, Array) #8 /var/www/froxlor/install/scripts/config-services.php(28): Froxlor\Cli\CmdLineHandler::processParameters(2, Array) #9 {main}
We are sorry, but a MySQL - error occurred. The administrator may find more information in the syslog

here are the last few lines from the syslog:

Sep 17 12:46:41 froxlorimage systemd[1]: Starting The PHP 7.3 FastCGI Process Manager...
Sep 17 12:46:41 froxlorimage systemd[1]: Started The PHP 7.3 FastCGI Process Manager.
Sep 17 12:46:41 froxlorimage systemd[1]: Reloading.
Sep 17 12:46:41 froxlorimage systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/dovecot.service:9: PIDFile= references path below legacy directory /var/run/, updating /var/run/dovecot/master.pid → /run/dovecot/master.pid; please update the unit file accordingly.
Sep 17 12:46:42 froxlorimage systemd[1]: Stopping The Apache HTTP Server...
Sep 17 12:46:42 froxlorimage systemd[1]: apache2.service: Succeeded.
Sep 17 12:46:42 froxlorimage systemd[1]: Stopped The Apache HTTP Server.
Sep 17 12:46:42 froxlorimage systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP Server...
Sep 17 12:46:42 froxlorimage systemd[1]: Started The Apache HTTP Server.
Sep 17 12:46:42 froxlorimage froxlor[22149]: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away
Sep 17 12:46:42 froxlorimage froxlor[22149]: --- DEBUG: #0 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Database/Database.php(83): PDOStatement->execute(Array) #1 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Settings.php(109): Froxlor\Database\Database::pexecute(Object(PDOStatement), Array) #2 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Settings.php(179): Froxlor\Settings::storeSetting('panel', 'is_configured', '1') #3 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Cli/Action/ConfigServicesAction.php(298): Froxlor\Settings::Set('panel.is_config...', '1', true) #4 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Cli/Action/ConfigServicesAction.php(41): Froxlor\Cli\Action\ConfigServicesAction->applyConfig() #5 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Cli/Action/ConfigServicesAction.php(19): Froxlor\Cli\Action\ConfigServicesAction->validate() #6 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Cli/CmdLineHandler.php(64): Froxlor\Cli\Action\ConfigServicesAction->run() #7 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Cli/CmdLineHandler.php(47): Froxlor\Cli\CmdLineHandler->__construct(2, Array) #8 /var/www/froxlor/install/scripts/config-services.php(28): Froxlor\Cli\CmdLineHandler::processParameters(2, Array) #9 {main}

Thanks for all your work!

47 minutes ago, DaSilva said:

froxlor[22149]: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away

That is the problem. hard to tell where this comes from. My latest installations/configurations on debian buster went through just fine

Very well, the system runs flawlessly for now.

We are setting it up in an semi-production environment and can not wait for more features in the API (cronjobs are very high on our wish list). we are testing this release and will report any major bugs or changes that we made to the code(pull request).

Thank you so much!

what more features in the API??? We're at release-candidate level....What exactly do you mean by "cronjobs"? You mean managing the froxlor-cronjobs via API? or do you want customers to be able to manage their own cronjobs?

20 minutes ago, d00p said:

what more features in the API??? We're at release-candidate level

That's correct and i dont mean it in any bad way.

The API Should be able to add/modify/remove/sanity-check Cronjobs on Customer Level. We are now also working on such a function, as this is the main reason we have to do anything Froxlor related, except updates. Would be a massive convenience. Are you interested in this function when we have it up and running?

Well - implementing this is not the big deal...but it's just a huge security risk letting customers do that themselves, you never know what kind of script is being added and what it does and whether it's possible malware due to some security leaks or whatever...

Could be an option, that has to be enabled with caution, like /bin/bash for FTP users. We will fiddle with this idea and see what we can do to help prevent most of the bad things, that customers can do. Maybe limit it to curl/wget and stuff, without execute permissions for piped commands or strip them entirely.

17 minutes ago, DaSilva said:

without execute permissions for piped commands or strip them entirely.

Then I would just add a bash / PHP script that executes what I want...doesn't prevent anything ;)

Yes, basically it would have to be enabled on a per customer base and maybe even limited like other resources (amount of subdomains, amount of FTP accounts, etc).

In case you want to do such a feature, a pull request is a good way to start. Maybe for 0.10.1 or similar.

• d00p unpinned this topic