Froxlor Forum

Question

Brayan    2

Hello,

in old version of Froxlor - have autorespond and  very nice work for vacation messages.

But in newest version is removed ? Why ?

I use Postfix/Courier.

Advice for alternatives ?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

d00p    131

It has been removed because it was a very bad custom implementation (just parsing sender/receiver, then sending mail back) without much logic. One would definetly use SIEVE for things like that nowadays :) Don't know whether Courier can handle sieve, but dovecot does very nicely

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By tt33tt
      Hi all,
      Froxlor ist not able to send its own mails by SMTP. I get the message that this failed by example after creating a new froxlor user.
      I can not find any message about this topic in any log. In which log should I find a message?
    • By davidoct14
      Hello Froxlor Comunity from the other side of the ocean.

I'm happy. Three months ago I started using froxlor panel. At the beginning I did not know nothing about froxlor, now my server is working great I have 10 customers hosted and 15 domains. All the features of my server are working good, now I wanna add to my server, mail service with froxlor. I'm looking for information but I am little confused with things like mx records, web mail app, how works the mailserver, etc..

I'm asking myself if you can post information about mailserver froxlor panel setup/configuration. I will really appreciate that.

Thank you.

Regards.

• By davidoct14
      Hi There,

One question, Can I manage my hostname domain with froxlor?? For example integrate ssl with lets encrypt or create mail accounts.

Thanks, for the answer.

Regards,

• By senya
      I've installed Froxlor on Debian 8 and followed all of the instructions in the configuration section of the management panel
      I've created a new customer and create a domain under them
      I've logged in as the customer and created a new email address and made it an account
      I've installed afterlogic webmail in the domain's document root
      Afterlogic (webmail) gives the error "incorrect username or password" when I try to log in

I've tried adding the account in an email client (mail on windows 10), same error
      My DNS and MX settings are correct

It seems like the mail account is just not there, even though it's set up in froxlor

The username and password have been created in MySQL database "froxlor" in table "mail_users"

I don't know what to do next, or even what question to ask
      Any suggestions on how I should proceed with troubleshooting
    • By senya
      Hello, I notice that in Froxlor, you can't set up a domain that's the same as the server's host name.

How then is email for the server's hostname handled?

For example, if my server's hostname is somedomain.com and I haven't set up somedomain.com as a domain with email accounts in Froxlor (because you can't), how would mail@somedomain.com be handled when it arrives?

Would it be handled by the configurations in /etc/aliases instead?

I'm a little confused. Thank you in advance!