Froxlor Forum
davidoct14

MailServer Setup/Configuration

Question

Hello Froxlor Comunity from the other side of the ocean.

I'm happy. Three months ago I started using froxlor panel. At the beginning I did not know nothing about froxlor, now my server is working great I have 10 customers hosted and 15 domains. All the features of my server are working good, now I wanna add to my server, mail service with froxlor. I'm looking for information but I am little confused with things like mx records, web mail app, how works the mailserver, etc..

I'm asking myself if you can post information about mailserver froxlor panel setup/configuration. I will really appreciate that.

Thank you.

Regards.

1 answer to this question

I'd suggest google, wikipedia and the websites of the corresponding services if you want to know how this "stuff" works, that's pretty basic information and would be too much to post here

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By martinvh
      Hello everybody,
      in the monthly Froxlor usage report I'm getting the message PHP Warning:  stream_socket_enable_crypto(): Peer certificate CN=`<my Froxlor domain>' did not match expected CN=`localhost' in /var/www/froxlor/lib/classes/phpmailer/class.SMTP.php on line 369
      The mail is being sent to the systems root account, which is mapped in /etc/aliases to an existing Froxlor mail account (webmaster@<my Froxlor domain>). Is this related to the Froxlor admin user, whos mail address is the same? Either way, why is the function expecting the local CN instead of the FQDN one? What is the correct setting in this case, or how can I mitigate the warning? The only cause effect I discovered is, that mails cannot be sent to new mail accounts via the alternate mail address, which results in the same error.
      Thanks in advance,
      Martin
    • By Brayan
      Hello,

in old version of Froxlor - have autorespond and  very nice work for vacation messages.
      But in newest version is removed ? Why ?
      I use Postfix/Courier.
      Advice for alternatives ?
      Thanks in advance.

• By tt33tt
      Hi all,
      Froxlor ist not able to send its own mails by SMTP. I get the message that this failed by example after creating a new froxlor user.
      I can not find any message about this topic in any log. In which log should I find a message?
    • By IcyMediaT
      I've installed froxlor about 5 times in the past 36 hours (all on same machine) and still don't quite understand this part.

I want to be able to manage my own root domain from froxlor, this is the domain that froxlor is being used on.

So i have a domain like so
      thisismydomain.com When I setup froxlor on the first setup screen, if i enter this as my FQDN then i can not add it as a domain in Froxlor so have to manage it outside of Froxlor.

I want to manage this domain, which is also the domain Froxlor is installed on from within Froxlor.

So i have experiemented with just making up a random subdomain and entering this on the Froxlor setup screen, like this: -
      Server name (FQDN, no ip-address): anything.thisismydomain.com When I do this I can add a customer when i log into Froxlor and then add my actual domain (thisismydomain.com) which is what I was looking to do.

My questions are:

1) Is this the correct way to setup Froxlor so I can add my own domain in froxlor and have it managed inside froxlor?
      2) can i just make up a subdomain, and enter it, and this will work ok? Or do i need to add this to my webserver config files myself somehow also? - i'm using NginX

3) I discovered froxlor because I'm working on a server, that someone else setup and they had installed froxlor, so it's all pretty new to me. I'm building a test server to get to grips with it, hence all my recent questions. In the server that is already setup and functioning, there is only one domain visible when you click on domains and it is the root domain, e.g. thisismydomain.com ; there are no other domains in there... how do I achieve this same effect? Whenever I setup froxlor like I have explained above, i get a thisismydomain.com domain entry (after I have added it through froxlor) - but i also get a anything.thisismydomain.com domain entry - which is added when I create the customer - however there is no delete option next to this domain ; and I don't understand how the person that setup the froxlor I'm working with on another server, how they managed to get just the domain listed in the domains entry inside the control panel.

One thing i have noticed is that on this, they have used a subdomain it would appear as froxlor is accessed by typing - something.thedomain.com ; and if you go to the domain.com/froxlor nothing is there ; but I'm confused about how they've achieved this also because in the nginx config there are no rewrites to forward traffic from something.thedomain.com to thedomain.com/froxlor - also i've checked the config through the froxlor panel on this server and the 'access froxlor through a hostname option' is not ticked.

If you could answer this as detailed as possible, it would be appreciated, as I've been grappling with this question myself for the past few days,

Many thanks - and kudos on a great product, and service for the community.
    • By davidoct14
      Hi There,

One question, Can I manage my hostname domain with froxlor?? For example integrate ssl with lets encrypt or create mail accounts.

Thanks, for the answer.

Regards,