Froxlor Forum
senya

Email: username or password incorrect

Question

I've installed Froxlor on Debian 8 and followed all of the instructions in the configuration section of the management panel

I've created a new customer and create a domain under them

I've logged in as the customer and created a new email address and made it an account

I've installed afterlogic webmail in the domain's document root

Afterlogic (webmail) gives the error "incorrect username or password" when I try to log in

I've tried adding the account in an email client (mail on windows 10), same error

My DNS and MX settings are correct

It seems like the mail account is just not there, even though it's set up in froxlor

The username and password have been created in MySQL database "froxlor" in table "mail_users"

I don't know what to do next, or even what question to ask

Any suggestions on how I should proceed with troubleshooting

2 answers to this question

well, did you use the FULL email address as username? if not do so. And of course check you mail.log....also re-check that you have configured the services correctly using our config templates and that the mysql-credentials are correct

Check your mail account settings to make sure they are entered correctly. Chances are they are ok since your mail worked prevusly, correct?

First thing to try is a reboot of your device. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously ignoring the red slider until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart. See if that fixes your problem.

If that doesn't help contact your Internet service provider to see if their email service is experiencing problems.

hulle6 galaxy j1 handyhülle

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By stolly82
      Hey together, 

after almost 4 years using Froxlor on a Jessie system and really no issues I installed now 3 times a new Buster image, unfortunatley the server is crashing really random without any informations I can find. 

Yesterday Hetzner changed my server, because they also told me this can be only a Hardware bug if the image is almost virgin, but today (and now we took that server live) the Server again crashed, so this can't be a hardware fail then. 

We are using just the Hetzner Debian 10.3 LAMP with Froxlor. 

Now Froxlor is the restored version from the old server, the crash is also with a plain image and a virgin Froxlor. 

Strange is, all Logs I checked are clean, there is nothing happen except that the logs are stopping all at the same time (when it freezes) and they are starting again when I make a hard reset. 

This is my journalctl from that time where the crash was. 19:59 I noticed that and restarted the server. 

May be somebody from you has an idea how we can figure out how this can happen and may be a solution 🙂 

For me it's total not understandable. 
      Thanks 

Jan

HARDWARE:

• By thunfischbaum
      Hi everyone,
      just a little problem here. I have severa domains registered on my froxlor installation and a different hostname of course. So let's say domain1.de is my hostname. The second domain, which is used by a customer is called domain2.de . When I view the mail.log I am not able to find my connection request. I do only see the bruteforce bots with example@domain1.de connecting. But any example@domain2.de request is not getting forwareded. I did configure the installation accordingdly with the provided templates.
      Best regards,
      thunfischbaum
    • By thunfischbaum
      Hi everyone,
      I'm running a Debian 10 Buster Server with PHP7.3 installed. The PHP7.3 update is the new component in the system. since then, I can't find any Mailboxes. There are no folders in the var/customers/mail/[customer] directory.
      If you take look at the Screenshot, you see, that the E-Mail adress is existent in Froxlor. 

Mail Bounce
      Mail Log

If I missed a log, please let me know, so I can attach it
      Best regards,
      thunfischbaum

• By nisamudeen97
      Hi,
      Wile doing migration of email accounts from one froxlor server to another I have noting some thing.   Expecting some clarification on this.  As we all know emails are normally stored in the location "/var/customers/mail/user/domain.com/user/Maildir/" .   I create email accounts via froxlor panel and copy the email files directly via scp or rsync from old server to new.  The strange thing I have noticed is it is not coping custom folders and its emails like we have in source.  
      The solution I have found for this is to use imapsync between old and new.  imapsync is preserving custom folders like as it is in source.    Does it mean custom folder settings are stored somewhere else?  How we can preserve it and copy emails manually?
    • By Kieron Boswell
      Hi guys, have just got froxlor set-up and looking around it getting it ready to move all my clients into, one or two things I haven't been able to see yet.
      Mail settings, I'm used to being spoon-fed mail settings when I create an account, generally are these fixed so I can make a note? And is there a way to use mail.domain.tld rather than using the primary server domain for example? I'd really like something like that to be the default when I create a new website/email etc if possible. Ftp, is it possible to set ftp.domain.tld as a record that works for FTP automatically when an account is made under a customer? Many thanks, enjoying froxlor so far :-)