Froxlor Forum

Custom folder where email folders are stored

nisamudeen97

Question

Hi,

Wile doing migration of email accounts from one froxlor server to another I have noting some thing.   Expecting some clarification on this.  As we all know emails are normally stored in the location "/var/customers/mail/user/domain.com/user/Maildir/" .   I create email accounts via froxlor panel and copy the email files directly via scp or rsync from old server to new.  The strange thing I have noticed is it is not coping custom folders and its emails like we have in source.  

The solution I have found for this is to use imapsync between old and new.  imapsync is preserving custom folders like as it is in source.    Does it mean custom folder settings are stored somewhere else?  How we can preserve it and copy emails manually?

5 answers to this question

just "ls -la" to the mail account folder - they should all be there. Now depending on the email client, these folders might just not be subscribed to. Please refer to dovecot documentation, this has nothing to do with froxlor

1 minute ago, d00p said:

just "ls -la" to the mail account folder - they should all be there. Now depending on the email client, these folders might just not be subscribed to. Please refer to dovecot documentation, this has nothing to do with froxlor

Folders are like the same  and the same size  but it is not showing while we copy files via rsync.  But while doing imapsync i  get exactly like the same.