Froxlor Forum
helgatheviking

just installed froxlor and getting a 404

Question

My main site is WordPress and is installed in /var/www/mysite.com and I just installed froxlor in /var/www/froxlor. And when i went to http://{your-ip-address}/froxlor that trigger's WordPress' 404 page. Do I have to set up a special vhost to access froxlor? Or do I need to add something to the .htaccess to avoid WordPress trying to find a page that matches froxlor? OR, do I need to extract froxlor inside /var/www/mysite? 

12 answers to this question

d00p    131

I'd guess you already have a special vhost for your wordpress, elseway it would make no sense why you hit its 404 handler...A common default vhost points to /var/www/, that's why we can say: open http://[ip]/froxlor ...

Yes, I have a custom vhost for WordPress, but even if it were the default vhost that would still happen as www.example.com/froxlor would still look like a "page" to WordPress so WP would try to match it and fail. Does this mean that I need a custom vhost for Froxlor? 

d00p    131

Froxlor handles its own stuff. You should add a customer and move the wordpress stuff in the customer docroot with its own domain/subdomain.

d00p    131

No, customer was not a typo.

Open froxlor, add a customer, move wordpress to the customers docroot, remove any custom vhosts and let froxlors cronjob create them for you.

Then you can open wordpress with the standardsubdomain created by froxlor or you add another domain for the customer and use that.

I'm talking about my own server setup and don't see where any customers figure into the equation, so I'm very confused about your use of the word here. What does adding a customer mean/entail? And I can't open froxlor, that's the point of this thread. 

d00p    131

1) remove all custom vhosts and let the default point to /var/www/ as intended. that way you can open http://[ip]/froxlor

2) you do know what froxlor is for dont you? I'm a bit confused that you don't know what i mean with "customer". That's what froxlor is about, providing an interface for shared-hosting customers (and you as admin of course...)

Thanks for breaking it down for me. Since a customer is someone who buys things and I thought Froxlor was a server management UI somewhat akin to cpanel, I didn't see the connection. I appreciate the clarification and will try your suggestions a little later on. 

d00p    131

We are somewhat like cpanel....it's the same thing there....you may want to call it "users" instead of "customers" if it suites you better, but it stays the same somehow. 

d00p    131
16 minutes ago, Sofia Bovino said:

I am facing the same error, and i tried the solutions which are given above but still facing the same:( anyone for help please

Too less information, what is your EXACT problem, provide steps to reproduce/test, give information about setup, distribution, vhost-content, etc.etc.etc. please

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By adamjedgar
      Hi guys,

I have a google cloud compute debian instance
      I have been experimenting with a couple of alternatives to cpanel. Just installed virtualmin and now am looking at froxlor.

I have followed the install outline as documented.
      1. I setup a google cloud launcher LAMP
      2. navigated in browser to <myserveripadress> to ensure apache is working (which it is)
      3. downloaded froxlor to /var/www/ directory
      4. chown froxlor to www-data:www-data (i also checked to ensure my webserver is running as www-data)

Now when i attempt to navigate to http://<mywerveripadress>/froxlor i get the following error in browser 
      "NOTFOUND" the requested URLwas not found on this server.

now when i ssh into server, froxlor is definatelly in /var/www/ directory.
      permissions are  0755 www-data:www-data

i am not sure what i have done wrong?

has anyone with experience in installing this on google cloud got any advice?
    • By teochristian
      Hello!

Froxlor is really a great Control Panel. I would like to install this panel and use it on our servers as primary control panel. I used Froxlor on Debian. The problem is I got some viruses on Debian because of some software related vulnerabilities. These problems are not happening when using Fedora, but we would like using Froxlor because it has a simple and clean interface, it is very simple to use and it is very fast, too.

Does anyone know how to install Froxlor in Fedora? (It would be great if someone can post the entire process, installing dependencies and installing Froxlor)

Thank you very much!

We also want to contribute to Froxlor Developement, I am the executive manager of a web development and web hosting company and we would like to help Froxlor Team. What should we do?
    • By bigshusha
      Hello everyone! I want to install Froxlor on new clear server with Debian. I have domain.com and IP. What I must setup in hostnames and itc. to get no problems with emails and setup domain.com later? What configuration you can recomend to minimize the problems during setup and configuring server?
      I looking something like this - http://goo.gl/hMG0ky very good manual for instalation.
    • By itrichter
      Webserver:     nginx/1.2.1
      PHP-Version:     5.4.36-0+deb7u3
      MySQL-Server-Version:     5.5.41-0+wheezy1-log
      Webserver-Interface:     FPM-FCGI
      System-Auslastung:     1.14 / 1.18 / 1.25
      Kernel:     3.2.0-4-amd64 (x86_64)
      Webalizer V2.23-05

Since upgrading to froxlor 0.9.33.1-1 this is the first new customer I created. For this customer the webalizer stats do not seem to work. The webalizer dir ist there and has current stats, but the domain subdirectories are not created. Also, the main webalizer directory cannot be opened, since all /webalizer locations point to webalizer/<domain>/, which does not exist. So opening <domain>/webalizer always leads to a 404 error.

I tried enabling the domain specific log file, but that doesn't seem to work at all. even after deleting and recreating the vhost file, it still uses the customer logfile.

Where can I further look for the cause of this error?
    • By Gamerboy59
      Hello,
      after inserting all dates to the installer, double checked them to be correct, I just get a blank page and the apache error logs gives me this:

[Mon Sep 01 16:51:16.862013 2014] [:error] [pid 3923] [client 62.226.161.49:14911] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant FROXLOR_INSTALL_DIR - assumed 'FROXLOR_INSTALL_DIR' in /var/www/html/froxlor/lib/classes/database/class.Database.php on line 219, referer: http://mysite.de/froxlor/install/install.php?check=1 [Mon Sep 01 16:51:16.862226 2014] [:error] [pid 3923] [client 62.226.161.49:14911] PHP Warning: require(FROXLOR_INSTALL_DIR/lib/userdata.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/froxlor/lib/classes/database/class.Database.php on line 219, referer: http://mysite.de/froxlor/install/install.php?check=1 [Mon Sep 01 16:51:16.862279 2014] [:error] [pid 3923] [client 62.226.161.49:14911] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'FROXLOR_INSTALL_DIR/lib/userdata.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/froxlor/lib/classes/database/class.Database.php on line 219, referer: http://mysite.de/froxlor/install/install.php?check=1How to install froxlor then?