Froxlor Forum

How to Install froxlor with single database user and password?

Question

5 answers to this question

makes no sense, froxlor requires a privileged database user to be able to create databases and users, for security-reasons, the user that does "all the other stuff" should be unprivileged where possible

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Nicholas Wood
      Hey,
      I'm installing Froxlor on CentOS 8 and everything seems to have gone well for the most part. However the config file was supposedly saved in /tmp/xxx but I can't find that file anywhere.
      cd tmp/fxVnlJGY ... doesn't exist. Anyone know where that is?

Running the below command from www/html folder and then reinstalling produces the same result.
      sudo chown -R apache:apache froxlor  
    • By Henrik
      Hi 
      I have not yet installed Froxlor, but before I do so I would like to know if it is possible to install Froxlor on a server where the Database MySql server is actually located on another server?
      So the webserver is separated from the database server?
      Henrik
    • By Matteo
      I am installing Froxlor 10 on Debian 10 with MySQL and Apache2 on a home web server.
      I get to the installation screen by going to localhost/froxlor and I get
      "Welcome to Froxlor"
      "It seems that Froxlor has not been installed yet."
      "Click on the link below to start the installation."
      I click "Start Install" and get to this page:
      Checking system requirements...
      All requirements are satisfied [green] and this is at the bottom:
      All requirements are satisfied
        Clicking the link to continue takes me to:
      Database connection
      MySQL-Hostname:
      Database name:
      Username for the unprivileged MySQL-account:
      Password for the unprivileged MySQL-account:
      Username for the MySQL-root-account:
      Password for the MySQL-root-account:

Administrator Account
      Administrator Username:
      Administrator Password:
      Administrator-Password (confirm):
      Enable the official newsfeed
      (https://inside.froxlor.org/news/):

Server settings
      Server name (FQDN, no ip-address):
      Server IP:
      Webserver Apache 2.4:
      HTTP username:
      HTTP groupname:

[With all the correct fields and passwords filled in...]
      Clicking the [continue] button takes me to the success screen...:
      Froxlor install - setup
      Checking MySQL-root access... OK Creating backup of old database... OK  Preparing database... OK Creating database and username... OK Testing if database and user have been created correctly... OK Importing data... OK Adjusting settings... OK Inserting new values... OK Creating admin-account... OK Creating configfile... File was saved in /... Froxlor was installed successfully.
        Clicking the login button takes me to this:
      "Welcome to Froxlor"
      "It seems that Froxlor has not been installed yet."
      "Click on the link below to start the installation."
      And the process starts all over again...
      It doesn't matter which browser I use - Chrome, Firefox - the result is the same.
      I am a new Linux user, so some help would be appreciated.
      Thank you.

• By Tom Spielvogel
      Hello community, i have updated my froxlor version from 0.8 or 0.9 i don't exactly remember to 0.10.12 to use the ACMEv2 challenges for Let's Encrypt.
      I have sql-dumped the old database.
      Any pointers on how I can restore the data into my new database? I don't want to manually type in all the customers with all their settings again 😮
      Please help!
    • By mrairstone
      Guten Morgen,
      mir ist in Froxlor ein kleiner Fehler in Bezug auf CatchAll Email aufgefallen.
      Zum System:
      Debian 10, 64-Bit Froxlor 0.10.11 Postfix, Dovecot, Spamc Zum Problem:
      Beim Anlegen einer neuen E-Mailadresse kann man je Domain nur eine CatchAll-Adresse definieren. Wenn man jedoch eine bestehende E-Mailadresse bearbeitet, kann man dort ganz einfach auf CatchAll umschalten.
      Dadurch kann es passieren, dass mehrere Emailadressen unterhalb einer Domain als CatchAll definiert sind. Das ist mir erst aufgefallen, als ich E-Mails in meinem Postfach hatte, welche nicht für meine E-Mailadresse bestimmt waren.
      Da auf dem Account in Froxlor mehrer Nutzer zugreifen (Feuerwehr) und E-Mailadressen hinzufügen, ändern und auch löschen - habe ich erst sehr spät gesehen das mehrere CatchAll vorhanden waren.
      Wenn man eine Mail an eine E-Mailadresse sendet, welche als CatchAll definiert wurde, wird die Mail auch an alle anderen E-Mailadressen weitergeleitet, die unterhalb der Domain als CatchAll definiert sind.(Jedenfalls bei postfix)
      Temporäre Lösung:
      Damit eingehende Mails an eine vorhandene E-Mailadresse, welche als CatchAll definiert ist, auch nur im Postfach dieser E-Mailadresse landen, habe ich die SQL-Anweisung in der "mysql-virtual_alias_maps.cf" wie folgt abgeändert:
      query = SELECT destination FROM mail_virtual AS v, panel_customers AS c WHERE c.customerid = v.customerid AND c.deactivated = 0 AND (v.email = '%s' OR v.email_full = '%s') AND trim(v.destination) <> '' Ich habe das eben auch noch einmal in der Demoversion ausprobiert, Screenshot im Anhang.

Gruß