Froxlor Forum

Setting up Wordpress

glampe

Question

I finished setting up Froxlor and my test site worked!  Now, I've tried to setup a second site.  I installed Wordpress and setup the database.  The site runs, but Wordpress can't write to the directory or create files.  Should this work "out of the box" or do I need to change permissions?  This usually works fine on most hosts, so I would prefer to not have to set permissions on each install.  Did I miss something in the setup?  If I have to set permissions, what is the best way?

13 answers to this question

I'm using Debian Weezy, Apache2 and mod_php (I haven't installed fcgif or php-fpm).

Apache is running under www-data.

The directory is set drwxr-xr-x 10001 10001

System details Serversoftware: Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) PHP-Version: 5.4.4-14+deb7u7 MySQL server version: 5.5.33-0+wheezy1 Webserver interface: APACHE2HANDLER System load: 0.07 / 0.06 / 0.05 Kernel: 3.2.0-4-amd64 (x86_64)

14 hours ago, Ivan Slišković said:

I have made mistake and I install WP before Froxlore. Using this example http://sliskovic.online/install-froxlor-centos7/

Now my question is; how to "import" this site into Froxlor ? Can I just copy all files into default site structure?

On 5/24/2018 at 9:12 PM, d00p said:

Thread is 4 years old!!! Please do not reheat such old Threads

15 hours ago, Ivan Slišković said:

I have made mistake and I install WP before Froxlore. Using this example http://sliskovic.online/install-froxlor-centos7/

Now my question is; how to "import" this site into Froxlor ? Can I just copy all files into default site structure?

Yea BUT you would end up making things more complex.

A simpler solution would be to Reinstall the wordpress website OR  copy Over the files to Froxlor and import the database to the database created and managed by FROXLOR

On 8/12/2018 at 5:26 PM, kingsley ezenwa said:

Yea BUT you would end up making things more complex.

A simpler solution would be to Reinstall the wordpress website OR  copy Over the files to Froxlor and import the database to the database created and managed by FROXLOR

I have decided to pay for new VPS, setup webpanel and then migrate all to the new server. Later on, when everything is done just cancel current VPS.

Thanks for answering