Froxlor Forum

How to install Froxlor in CentOS 7?

Yush

Question

Hello Guys, I have looked into installation guide on GitHub but I didn't find any instruction on how to install Froxlor in CentOS7..

I have seen some online article like this (https://www.vultr.com/docs/how-to-install-the-froxlor-server-management-panel-on-centos-7) but they are kind of outdated. I was wondering if it's still the method of installing current froxlor?

Need a step by step guide on how to install froxlor on CentOS7

Any help would be appreciated.

11 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Yush said:

Do I have to Install apache webserver mariadb php7 before following this instruction?

yes, or else you cannot run the webinstaller

2 minutes ago, Yush said:

What are the settings before configuration?

when isntallation is finised, login as admin, adjust all settings to your system and needs and then go through the "configuration" steps to configure your system and the services for froxlor

1 minute ago, d00p said:

yes, or else you cannot run the webinstaller

when isntallation is finised, login as admin, adjust all settings to your system and needs and then go through the "configuration" steps to configure your system and the services for froxlor

If I follow this article (https://www.vultr.com/docs/how-to-install-the-froxlor-server-management-panel-on-centos-7) Will it be good enough?

6 minutes ago, d00p said:

there is no need to create a database manually for froxlor as the webinstaller does this already with the there given root-user...but the rest looks fine as far as i can tell

Thanks initializing Froxlor instllation on Azure VM. I do have options here to choose the distors. Is Ubuntu is more compatible with Froxlor? than CentOS? or which destro you recommend most?

4 hours ago, d00p said:

I successfully installed froxlor on ubuntu 18.04. But in system configuration Ubuntu 18.04 is not listed!! Is that normal?

I am using Microsoft Azure VM as my VPS, I need manually allow ports from Microsoft Azure admin portal. Can you please tell me what are all the default ports that needs to be open for inbound and outbound connections? Currently I only have 80, 443, 22 port open. What are the other ports that need to be open for example to use ftp?

Archived