Froxlor Forum

Question

Hi There,

One question, Can I manage my hostname domain with froxlor?? For example integrate ssl with lets encrypt or create mail accounts.

Thanks, for the answer.

Regards,

7 answers to this question

The most common way to achieve this is to use a subdomain as froxlor Hostname.

For example: you want to be able to use "domain.tld" for your own Website and Email etc. Just Set the system Hostname to "froxlor.domain.tld" or similar.

The most common way to achieve this is to use a subdomain as froxlor Hostname.

For example: you want to be able to use "domain.tld" for your own Website and Email etc. Just Set the system Hostname to "froxlor.domain.tld" or similar.

Hello d00p, thank you for the answer. Of course I use http://panel.mydomain.com --> to froxlor, but I would use ssl (lets encrypt) with this domain via froxlor admin panel. Do you know any way?.

Regards,

Only manual for now.

Can you tell me how is the manual procedure? please.. I tried using certbot (the program recommended by lets encrypt page) but did not work.

Thanks,

Regards.

Well, it does work with certbot...generate certificates only, put them somewhere in /etc/ssl/froxlor/ for example. Specify the path in IP/Port settings (or generally in SSL-settings) and don't forget to add a cronjob for automatic renew of that domain using certbot

Well, it does work with certbot...generate certificates only, put them somewhere in /etc/ssl/froxlor/ for example. Specify the path in IP/Port settings (or generally in SSL-settings) and don't forget to add a cronjob for automatic renew of that domain using certbot

Hello d00p, I followed your steps and all is great, but how can I point a ip/port(ssl) to my domain froxlor.mydomain.com?? This domain I can not add to my domain list in the admin panel.

Regards.

froxlor.mydomain.com is handled by the IP/Port vhost.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By thunfischbaum
      Hi everyone,
      just a little problem here. I have severa domains registered on my froxlor installation and a different hostname of course. So let's say domain1.de is my hostname. The second domain, which is used by a customer is called domain2.de . When I view the mail.log I am not able to find my connection request. I do only see the bruteforce bots with example@domain1.de connecting. But any example@domain2.de request is not getting forwareded. I did configure the installation accordingdly with the provided templates.
      Best regards,
      thunfischbaum
    • By Jason Szymanski
      Hallo,

ich habe leider ein Problem mit Froxlor.
      Zu meiner Situation: Froxlor läuft auf der Subdomain web01.meinedomain.net
      Jetzt möchte ich die Domain aber auch noch weiter Nutzen und habe mich daher als Kunde angelegt und die Domain meineDomain.net als Domain hinzugefügt.
      Dort kann ich auch weitere Subdomains hinzufügen. Das scheint soweit auch zu klappen ich sehe das er VHosts anlegt und auch die Verzeichnisse im FTP anlegt.
      Wenn ich jetzt allerdings versuche auf meinedomain.net oder eine andere Subdomain unter dieser Domain zuzugreifen leitet er mich auf web01.meinedomain.net
      Ich habe mich schon in den Einstellungen umgeschaut konnte aber keine entsprechende Einstellung finden an der das liegen könnte.
      Wie verhindere ich also das er mich auf Froxlor umleitet?

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen
      Jason Szymanski
    • By ForestView
      Hello,
      I'm trying to setup the VPS and am having great difficulty with the basic config.

HTTP configuration for Centos 7 points at :
      etc/apache2/conf-enabled/acme.conf
      Everywhere I read, this is the ubuntu setup.
      Centos 7 uses /etc/httpd/conf.d

• By Kieron Boswell
      I am sorry to make another post, I appreciate the help.
      If I change the below field:

Will this change everything across the system? I want to change 'something' to 'anotherthing' 

Thanks!

• By Kieron Boswell
      Hi guys, have just got froxlor set-up and looking around it getting it ready to move all my clients into, one or two things I haven't been able to see yet.
      Mail settings, I'm used to being spoon-fed mail settings when I create an account, generally are these fixed so I can make a note? And is there a way to use mail.domain.tld rather than using the primary server domain for example? I'd really like something like that to be the default when I create a new website/email etc if possible. Ftp, is it possible to set ftp.domain.tld as a record that works for FTP automatically when an account is made under a customer? Many thanks, enjoying froxlor so far :-)