Froxlor Forum

Fcgi permissions

Warlock

Question

I experienced the behavior that the file php-fcgi-starter must be owned by the user and group of the appropriate vhost.

The problem is now the following: As soon as I add a new domain, all files php-fcgi-starter for every vhost are set back to root as the user and group which immediately causes "Internal server error" for the PHP scripts.

When I set the permissions back to the vhost user and group, everything works again.

Is this a bug?

Where can I change this behavior of resetting the ownership after adding a new domain?

Warlock

11 answers to this question

change logging to "paranoid" and check "log cronjob" then manually run the cronjob and see if there are any error-message. Additionally check if your libnss-setup is correct and if the virtual users (customers) are correct in the table 'ftp_users' in our database.

change logging to "paranoid" and check "log cronjob" then manually run the cronjob and see if there are any error-message. Additionally check if your libnss-setup is correct and if the virtual users (customers) are correct in the table 'ftp_users' in our database.

Just a naive question, where do I set logging to "paranoid" and what logfile do I have to inspect?

And another question: How do I manually run the cronjob, just by executing the file froxlor_master_cronjob.php?

Unfortunately, I couln't find any evidence for a wrong configuration.

Just to mention it: I use libnss-mysql, NOT libnss-mysql-bg on Debian Lenny (the former was suggested by the froxlor configuration instructions).

Where does the the following command take its data (guid) from (file lib/classes/phpinterface/class.phpinterface_fcgid.php, function createConfig($phpconfig))?

safe_exec('chown ' . $this->_domain['guid'] . ':' . $this->_domain['guid'] . ' ' . escapeshellarg($this->getStarterFile()));

'guid' comes from 'panel_customers'

I see...what is set if the column 'guid' does not exist, are the permissions then set to 'root'?

In my case, I have introduced 'uid' and 'gid' instead of guid.

But if root is taken then it would explain my behaviour, that all files are reset to root for owner and group.

why should the column not exist? You would get an sql error if that was the case

Because I have customized the installation. I use uid and gid columns instead of one guid column.

This allows me having more than one user with the same group (used to grant ssh access and to get the desired permissions on the directories and files).

Example:

user    uid    guid
--------------------
u1    10000   10000
u2    10001   10000
u2    10002   10000

Because I have customized the installation. I use uid and gid columns instead of one guid column.

This allows me having more than one user with the same group (used to grant ssh access and to get the desired permissions on the directories and files).

that's what 'ftp_users' is for. don't mess with database layout. can't help you then with your error, it's not froxlors fault

Archived