Froxlor Forum

Does Froxlor work behind a firewall?

oedwards

Question

Hi,

Frist off - what a great product, fantastic GUI and relatively painless to install. Top notch!

I have Froxlor setup on Debian and it sits behind a firewall that forwards traffic to a local IP that is assigned to that machine. I know with things like Cpanel & Plesk they don't function properly behind a firewall. Does Froxlor work correctly behind a firewall?

If it does then fantastic but I will have to work my way through some errors. I am mainly looking to use Froxlor as a mail server serving IMAP over SSL with webmail too. The main function I was looking for is a portal that an admin of a particular client can log onto and create e-mail address/aliases etc. whilst keeping some control over how much storage and accounts they can have.

If the firewall question could be answered that would be great then I can make a plan of how to work through the errors I am seeing. 

I would be happy to pay Froxlor for support but for my own sanity I would like to know how and what needs to be done to get it working rather than simply have it done for me. Is there more detailed documentation with regards to mail configuration that I can work through and poke questions to the support team as I go through?

Some of the errors I am seeing (server config &/or DNS issues??);

--

Oct  2 19:44:04 iyfukxxxxxxx postfix/smtp[18342]: warning: host mx0.xxxxxxxxx.com[XX.XX.223.11]:25 greeted me with my own hostname iycukxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.zone

Oct  2 19:44:04 iyfukxxxxxxx postfix/smtp[18342]: warning: host mx0.xxxxxxxx.com[XX.XX.223.11]:25 replied to HELO/EHLO with my own hostname iycukxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.zone

--

Oct  2 16:32:54 iycukxxxxxx imapd: LOGIN FAILED, user=oliver.edwards@xxxxxxxx.com, ip=[::ffff:XX.XX.187.18]
Oct  2 16:32:55 iycukxxxxxx imapd: LOGOUT, ip=[::ffff:XX.XX.187.18], rcvd=64, sent=317
Oct  2 16:32:59 iycukxxxxxx imapd: LOGOUT, ip=[::ffff:XX.XX.187.18], rcvd=64, sent=317
Oct  2 16:34:03 iycukxxxxxx postfix/qmgr[6057]: EF1D9300F87: from=<admin@iycukxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.zone>, size=1237, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Oct  2 16:34:03 iycukpost01 postfix/smtp[18188]: EF1D9300F87: to=<oliver.edwards@xxxxxxxx.com>, relay=none, delay=2222, delays=2222/0.03/0.01/0, dsn=4.4.3, status=defer
red (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=xxxxxxxxxxx.com type=MX: Host not found, try again)

1 answer to this question

Archived