Froxlor Forum

Question

Hi all,

I am new to Froxlor and so far enjoying it but unsure how to use it and have a few questions.

1. I have pointed an A record from my domain provider to the server and am able to access the web panel using the domain but my FTP client (filezilla) can't find it.
  2. Does it have a mail server built in or do I have to configure that.
  3. Can I use it as a nameserver?
  4. What ports does it  need to function (so I can setup my firewall)

Thanks in advance for all your help.

1 answer to this question

8 hours ago, Boruch Weisfish said:

I have pointed an A record from my domain provider to the server and am able to access the web panel using the domain but my FTP client (filezilla) can't find it.

Exact error message? Maybe your ftpd is just not running

Does it have a mail server built in or do I have to configure that.

No, froxlor provides configuration templates for postfix, you need to configure that, please see https://github.com/Froxlor/Froxlor/wiki/Install-froxlor-from-tarball

Can I use it as a nameserver?

Yes there are configuration templates for PowerDNS and bind and froxlor will generate the zone for you

1. What ports does it  need to function (so I can setup my firewall)

Froxlor itself is just a webinterface, so pretty much every port you specify for http/https (default 80 and 443).

For all other servies, please google the corresponding ports :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Kieron Boswell
      Hi guys, have just got froxlor set-up and looking around it getting it ready to move all my clients into, one or two things I haven't been able to see yet.
      Mail settings, I'm used to being spoon-fed mail settings when I create an account, generally are these fixed so I can make a note? And is there a way to use mail.domain.tld rather than using the primary server domain for example? I'd really like something like that to be the default when I create a new website/email etc if possible. Ftp, is it possible to set ftp.domain.tld as a record that works for FTP automatically when an account is made under a customer? Many thanks, enjoying froxlor so far :-)
    • By CubE135
      Hallo, ich möchte mir gern eigene Nameserver einreichen, worauf ich dann diverse Domains leiten kann.
      Ich habe bei meinem Domain Provider bereits die nötigen Hostnames eingetragen(ns1.meinedomain.tld und ns2.meinedomain.tld).
      Einen Name-/DNS-Server habe ich über die Froxlor Konfiguration bereits installiert(bind9 nameserver).
      Nun weiß ich nicht genau, wie ich im Froxlor Panel weiter machen soll.

Kann mir da jemand helfen?
      MfG CubE135
    • By Robert08020
      Hallo,
      Wenn ich einen neuen Kunden anlege, Doamin zuweise und FTP einrichte und gehe dann via WinSCP auf den Server, finde ich nichts. Der Ordner /var/customers wurde nicht erstellt.
      Kann mir jemand helfen?
      Mfg Robert08020
    • By Kyle Willets
      =================================================================================================================
       Package                       Arch                   Version                         Repository            Size
      =================================================================================================================
      Reinstalling:
       proftpd                       x86_64                 1.3.5e-4.el7                    epel                 3.7 M
       proftpd-mysql                 x86_64                 1.3.5e-4.el7                    epel                  50 k
      Transaction Summary
      Reinstall  2 Packages
      Total download size: 3.7 M
      Installed size: 9.7 M
      Is this ok [y/d/N]: y
      Downloading packages:
      (1/2): proftpd-1.3.5e-4.el7.x86_64.rpm                                                    | 3.7 MB  00:00:00
      (2/2): proftpd-mysql-1.3.5e-4.el7.x86_64.rpm                                              |  50 kB  00:00:00
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Total                                                                            4.0 MB/s | 3.7 MB  00:00:00
      Running transaction check
      Running transaction test
      Transaction test succeeded
      Running transaction
        Installing : proftpd-1.3.5e-4.el7.x86_64                                                                   1/2
        Installing : proftpd-mysql-1.3.5e-4.el7.x86_64                                                             2/2
        Verifying  : proftpd-mysql-1.3.5e-4.el7.x86_64                                                             1/2
        Verifying  : proftpd-1.3.5e-4.el7.x86_64                                                                   2/2
      Installed:
        proftpd.x86_64 0:1.3.5e-4.el7                        proftpd-mysql.x86_64 0:1.3.5e-4.el7
      Complete!
      [root@s128426 ~]# mv "/etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf" "/etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf.frx.bak"
      mv: cannot stat ‘/etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf’: No such file or directory
      [root@s128426 ~]# ^C
      [root@s128426 ~]# cd /etc/proftpd/
      -bash: cd: /etc/proftpd/: No such file or directory

I am unable to setup ProFTP. I am using the latest version of Centos 7 and PHP 7. It says it installed, but yeah as ya can see. With the SSL it says to config something but does nto say what. So was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get Lets Encypt working properly.
      Thank You.
    • By BigD
      Hi,
      I'm using PureFTP with TLS since years for Froxlor with purchased SSL certificates. Now the certificate expired and I want to use Let's encrypt.
      Here is my suggestion for a more secure PureFTP configuration - in addition to the current parameters from the froxlor setup guide:
      Making TLS mandatory:
      echo "2" > /etc/pure-ftpd/conf/TLS Reduce the Ciphers to the secure ones:
      echo "HIGH:!aNULL:!LOW:!EXP:!RC4:!3DES:!SSLv3:!SSLv2" > /etc/pure-ftpd/conf/TLSCipherSuite Doing this every time the host certificates are updated (or once a night ;-) ):
      cat /etc/ssl/froxlor-custom/{{hostname}}.crt /etc/ssl/froxlor-custom/{{hostname}}_chain.pem /etc/ssl/froxlor-custom/{{hostname}}.key > /etc/ssl/private/pure-ftpd.pem systemctl restart pure-ftpd-mysql Maybe it's an option to make this part of the default configuration and integrate the certificate merging into the froxlor-cron? Any ideas how this could look like on different distributions (Gentoo / RHEL / Ubuntu)?
      Thanks for your feedback