Froxlor Forum

Remote mail Exchanger

André Ferreira

Question

Hello there, 

I have a question, is it possible to setup an email domain as remote mail exchanger. 

let me explain, i have a client that have a email server, i setup the mx record to its server (all external emails work fine), but when the emails sent localy they bounce back because the acount dont exist. How do i setup postfix to delire them remotely. 

4 answers to this question

I don't quite follow, sorry. So you have a client with Mailserver A and you have setup the MX Record of a domain on your Server (Server B) to his Mailserver, did I understand that correctly? The configurations of froxlor tell postfix to look in its database for email accounts. If the MX is set to an external server, this server needs to know the accounts of course, oir else it would just bounce back and tell you that it doesn't know this account.

Find a solution / workaround.

I have setup the domain as email and created the mail acount "noreply@exemple.com" and them disabled the email domain feature. So the mysql-virtual_mailbox_domains.cf dont list the email domain. Since it doesnt exist the messages are delivered remotely. 

2 minutes ago, André Ferreira said:

Find

Found

22 minutes ago, d00p said:

did I understand that correctly?

yes

23 minutes ago, d00p said:

this server needs to know the accounts of course, oir else it would just bounce back and tell you that it doesn't know this account.

And i whould i tell him that they are on another server? if i created them localy they are delivered localy. and i dont want that.