Froxlor Forum
Francois Barroero

Delete subdomains is ok but folders still here

Question

Hi. After 4 days tests, and many different install ( deb, tarball, debian 9 and 10, ubuntu server 18 LTS, apache, Nginx ...) i've still this issue: the sub-domain folder stay in my customer folder after deletion from the panel.

I know, it's not a big issue, but I would have to have it clean before moving my websites from imscp.

Cronjobs are ok, all vhost are deleted, no error messages in log files ( I hope so ) ... only these subdomain deletion is not working.

Maybe it's the normal way ? do you have the same "problem" ?

Thanks for your support.

Francois 

subdomain 4 deleted and still here.JPG

3 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Francois Barroero said:

the sub-domain folder stay in my customer folder after deletion from the panel.

Which is correct and intended. A directory can be the docroot for multiple domains and we do not delete customer data, you never know what's in there. 

Thanks d00p for answering me.

But, if a customer chooses to delete his sub-domains he has created, in my mind, it make sens that the folder also is deleted. It's his choice. This path belong to a customer and his sub-domain. it's not a shared one i think. right ?

Or maybe, it could be/become an option ? for example: when I delete a sub-domaine, we can have a checkbox: "delete folder also" ? with confirmation ?

Anyway, thanks for this uge work ! ;)

5 minutes ago, Francois Barroero said:

This path belong to a customer and his sub-domain. it's not a shared one i think. right ?

Not shared across customers, but possibly across domains the customer owns. 

6 minutes ago, Francois Barroero said:

Or maybe, it could be/become an option ? for example: when I delete a sub-domaine, we can have a checkbox: "delete folder also" ? with confirmation

We have such thing for FTP accounts, so yes, this could be an option. Pull requests are welcome ;)