Froxlor Forum
JizaiGinji

Problems after Update to 0.10.1

Question

Halle Everyone,

today i tried to update my froxlor from version 0.9.38 to 0.10.1. Im running on a debian Jessie server.

After the update i cant edit, create or manage everything in froxlor anymore. On Customer-Edit for example i get an empty page. If i try to change a domain i get an empty page after pressing the save button.

Im a little bit lost here. Has someone any idea what could cause this problem?

Best Regards

Ginji

5 answers to this question

Empty page: most likely a php error, check the Webserver Error log and be sure to use at least php-7.0

Hi, thank you for the fast answer. I checked and i have php 5.6 installed. Do you know a good tutorial how to upgrade to the new php version?

depends on your used distribution, mostly a quick search on "[mydistro] update php 7.0" will get you started

Hello Ginji,

like d00p wrote, php version 7 or higher is required to run Froxlor 10. You are running Debian Jessie, and although that is long-term supported until June 2020 (see https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/ for more info on this), I think you won't get php7 or greater packages for it (please see https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=php7&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all for more on this).

So my suggestion would be to also upgrade Debian itself to the latest stable version (currently 10, codename "Buster"). I did, and Froxlor 0.10.1 runs very nicely on it.

Hope that helps,

and cheers,

Wolfgang