Froxlor Forum

Meco

Question

First of all I want you to know that I am very new with the project and I don't pretend my post to be very good. If you have some notes for me feel free to comment here. I just decided to share it with you.

It will be easier for you if you have clear installation of openSuSe 12.1 with Minimal Server Selection (Text Mode)

Firstly you will need to open some ports on your firewall, or to stop it which is highly not recommendable. You can do it with YaST.

yast2 -> Security and Users -> Firewall -> Allowed Services -> Advanced

then in TCP Ports write those ports that you want to be open.

22 ? SSH

80 - HTTP

3306 ? MySQL (don?t open it if you are not going to use it from outside)

Then start SSH daemon:

# rcsshd start

Now you can access your server from anywhere using Putty or any other SSH client, so you don?t need monitor and keyboard for your server anymore

You will need some packedgnes now. To install them you can use YaST or zypper command:

# zypper install yast2-runlevel apache2 apache2-mod_php5 php5-mysql php5-posix php5-bcmat mysql-community-server pure-ftpd

Now you have all that software downloaded and installed. You have to make it run automatically when your system is up.

yast -> System -> System Services (Runlevel) -> ( ) Expert Mode -> and you will have to set runlevel 3 to : apache2, pure-ftpd, sshd, mysql and postfix

It is gonna be a god idea to install git:

#zypper install git 

Then get the froxlor srounce

# [color=#000000][font=Verdana, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]git clone https://github.com/Froxlor/Froxlor.git /srv/www/htdocs/froxlor/[/size][/font][/color]

Then enter http://<your ip>/froxlor/ and install it step by step

Crons:

# vi /etc/cron.d/froxlor:

and put this there:

*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /srv/www/htdocs/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php

For PureFTP:

a friend of mine, who is a server administrator told me that it is much better for me to use vsftpd (very secure ftp), but i see that it is not supported by froxlor. I am going to have a look at it and see if it is possible to make it run.

# vi /etc/pure-ftpd/pure-ftpd.conf 

PAMAuthentication             no
AnonymousOnly               no
NoAnonymous                 yes
uncomment:
MySQLConfigFile               /etc/pure-ftpd/pureftpd-mysql.conf
Umask 133:022

feel free to edit any other confs if you know what you are doing.

# vi /etc/pure-ftpd/pure-ftpd-mysql.conf

Replace MYSQL_PASSWORD with your MySQL password.

## connect via port 3306
#MYSQLServer	 localhost
#MYSQLPort	   3306
## or connect via sock
MYSQLSocket	 /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock
##
MYSQLUser	   froxlor
MYSQLPassword   MYSQL_PASSWORD
MYSQLDatabase   froxlor
MYSQLCrypt	  any
MYSQLGetPW	  SELECT password FROM ftp_users WHERE username="\L" AND login_enabled="y"
MYSQLGetUID	 SELECT uid FROM ftp_users WHERE username="\L" AND login_enabled="y"
MYSQLGetGID	 SELECT gid FROM ftp_users WHERE username="\L" AND login_enabled="y"
MYSQLGetDir	 SELECT homedir FROM ftp_users WHERE username="\L" AND login_enabled="y"
MySQLGetQTASZ  SELECT CONCAT( diskspace / 1024 ) AS diskspace FROM panel_customers WHERE loginname="\L" AND deactivated="0"

Then you have to open ports in firewall from "Service to Allow" select pure-ftp. If you just open port 21 it is not going to work.

# /etc/init.d/pure-ftpd restart

I haven't messed up with email services now because I don't have enough free time. I see that there is no option for external email service :(

1 answer to this question

Archived