Froxlor Forum

absence message not working

zapp

Question

hey there,

we activated an absence message, that should automatically be send back if there comes a new message in, but its not working.

it is activated and message is saved.

we run Froxlor 0.9.17

any idea how to fix this?

regards

flo

9 answers to this question

- did the cronjob "autoresponder" run at all (admin-panel overview, bottom)?

- is it activated in Froxlor and did you add an activated autoresponder message to a customer?

- anything in the system log/ mail log?

- try running the cronjob with logging set to paranoid and "log cronjob" = true

- did the cronjob "autoresponder" run at all (admin-panel overview, bottom)? yes

- is it activated in Froxlor and did you add an activated autoresponder message to a customer? yes

- anything in the system log/ mail log? nothing logged in mai log but syslog shows that cron_autoresponder.php is executed

- try running the cronjob with logging set to paranoid and "log cronjob" = true would be nice if you could precise what you mean with it

thx for your effort to help us

- try running the cronjob with logging set to paranoid and "log cronjob" = true would be nice if you could precise what you mean with it

Log on as admin, goto 'Settings', chose 'Log settings', enable it, set logging level to 'paranoid' and check 'Log cronjobs (one run)' to enable it.

Be sure that there's not another cronjob running before the period of the autoresponder-cronjob or else the cronjob-logging is disabled again.

Log on as admin, goto 'Settings', chose 'Log settings', enable it, set logging level to 'paranoid' and check 'Log cronjobs (one run)' to enable it.

Be sure that there's not another cronjob running before the period of the autoresponder-cronjob or else the cronjob-logging is disabled again.

thx, but we couldn?t find the cronjob log file. where is it located?

we tried the responder now from driffernt emailadresses in communication with external server and internal server email accounts.

so it seams that it is a general issue in our installation.

i encountered an similar behaviour with syscp. since the autoresponder checks the new/-Folder from your Maildir, it's not very accurate. if you're activated the autoresponder but still checking/polling your mail, the imap-server moves the files from new/ to cur/... and then, no mail goes out.

imo, it would be better to implement the autoresponder within the mta (exim/postfix). for exim, i could do that, but i never used postfix..

If this is still not solved, please submit a ticket at http://redmine.froxlor.org/ because a lot of reports & requestes here don't transfered to the DEVs.

i encountered an similar behaviour with syscp. since the autoresponder checks the new/-Folder from your Maildir, it's not very accurate. if you're activated the autoresponder but still checking/polling your mail, the imap-server moves the files from new/ to cur/... and then, no mail goes out.

imo, it would be better to implement the autoresponder within the mta (exim/postfix). for exim, i could do that, but i never used postfix..

Archived