Froxlor Forum

[solved] Froxlor Installation

trazx

Question

Hi,

I'm running latest nginx/php5-fpm and mysql..I'm running into a very frustrating issue with froxlor. I install it, it appears to install correctly and says 'click here to login' but once I click it, I am back where I started and the cycle repeats. It doesn't seem to acknowledge that it has been successfuly installed (even though it announces it..)

Very strange..

I've tried redownloading it a few times, but to no avail. Same issue.

It was downloaded via wget in terminal and extracted from there too..its very odd..

please help

thank you

11 answers to this question

Yes, that is precisely what it says, everything checks out and it says I need to move the userdata.inc.php which I do move...however the installation doesn't seem to recognize that.

pretty preceptive of you :) I hope there is a solution though..i'm changing my nginx user to root for now, although I know that is a huge safety issue... I am server-newbie so i appreciate if someone can point me toward a more realistic solution...

thanks...

lol I still haven't changed it to root,haha the more I think about it the crazier it sounds so I thought I'd be a good newbie and hold it off and look for a better solution.

Any idea how to modify my permissions in such a way so that scripts such as froxlor can safely create their files? my http user is www-data, are there any linux commands I should run to give it correct permissions so that it may create folders/files without having it as root?

I know this is a noob question but I would appreciate some help from you gurus

thanks a lot

you are on a shell right?

when you reach the point where the installation tells you to move the userdata.inc.php from /tmp/ to /var/www/froxlor/lib do:

mv /tmp/userdata.inc.php /var/www/froxlor/lib

then set permissions so the webserver can read it (www-data = webserver username, might differ on your system!)

chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/froxlor

then open the panel in a webbrowser

Thanks alot that solved it :) I ran it for the whole www folder in case I run into similar issues in the future :) THANK YOU

Froxlor is functioning and looks cool. I really appreciate the help.

I am wondering though, whenever I create a customer and then add a domain, Frxolor doesn't create the sub directory for it (even though the main directory exists and has the correct permissions) and also the /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default file doesn't appear to change at all.

I'm not sure, really if froxlor is supposed to make the directory or change the nginx default file..but I was hoping that it would...

or is it that we have to manually do that...? bit confused..

thanks

Here they are:

Outstanding cron-tasks:

Rebuilding webserver-configuration

Adding new customer lolads

Rebuilding bind-configuration

Creating directory for new ftp-user

I really really appreciate the help, hope I can return it in some way...thanks

I configured it according to the instructions, but to no avail. I'm sure i'm giving you a headache (cause I have one myself lol) so i'll just meddle around till it gets fixed (hoping trial and error with help out :P)

thanks again for the help

What does it say on the last page (where you click 'click here to login')

i BET your froxlor folder is not writeable for the nginx-user and thus the autogenerated userdata.inc.php file could not be written to froxlor/lib but instead to /tmp/ and with a notice to copy it to froxlor/lib

Archived