Froxlor Forum

Disable wildcard A record in zonefile

halfgaar

Question

Hi,

Is it possible to disable the wildcard A record in the zone files of customer domains? I don't like not controlling through which addresses people connect, and especially because I've setup SSL for mail, I don't want people's Thunderbirds autodetecting a functional imap.example.com with a mismatched certificate.

5 answers to this question

Hi,

Is it possible to disable the wildcard A record in the zone files of customer domains? I don't like not controlling through which addresses people connect, and especially because I've setup SSL for mail, I don't want people's Thunderbirds autodetecting a functional imap.example.com with a mismatched certificate.

Then just tell your customers what domain to use..."I don't like not controlling through which addresses people connect"..you cannot control the internet :P WE ARE LEGION!

I know I can just tell them what domain to use, but as I said, it's kind of ugly to have Thunderbirds autoconfig wizard throw an SSL error when they haven't even had the opportunity to enter the right domain.

So I guess it's not possible to remove the wildcard? You've told me on many occasions that the domain part is being rewritten. Will this be changed as well :)?

Archived