Froxlor Forum

[solved] /var/customers/mail empty

misiek303

Question

Any idea why froxlor does not create customers directories under /var/customers/mail ?? I was messing around and can't figure out , no failing errors in syslog and froxlog logs except

on cron job

maildir /var/customers/mail/testing/ does not exist

and syslog

Oct 28 16:09:30 localhost dovecot: IMAP(misiek@test.com): mail_location not set and autodetection failed: Mail storage autodetection failed with home=/var/customers/mail/testing/misiek@test.com/

Oct 28 16:09:30 localhost dovecot: IMAP(misiek@test.com): Fatal: Namespace initialization failed

I run gentoo and froxlor www-apps/froxlor-0.9.13.1

and this working for me on different box on www-apps/froxlor-0.9.10

any clues , help ??

8 answers to this question

You might need a

mail_location = maildir:~/.maildir

directive in your dovecot.conf (taken from the original gentoo-dovecot.conf). I'm also using gentoo but don't need this directive (why i don't know :P). It's net-mail/dovecot-1.2.15 with USE="maildir managesieve mysql pam sieve ssl zlib"

so you saying that dovecot is responsible for creating that directories ??

I am re-emerging dovecot with your flags, will let you know..

You might need a

mail_location = maildir:~/.maildir

directive in your dovecot.conf (taken from the original gentoo-dovecot.conf). I'm also using gentoo but don't need this directive (why i don't know :P). It's net-mail/dovecot-1.2.15 with USE="maildir managesieve mysql pam sieve ssl zlib"

still not working I tried default gentoo and then reconfigured via froxlor, wrrr ...!

emerge -pv postfix dovecot froxlor

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

[ebuild R ] mail-mta/postfix-2.6.6 USE="dovecot-sasl mysql sasl ssl vda -cdb -hardened -ipv6 -ldap -mbox -nis -pam -postgres (-selinux)" 0 kB [0]

[ebuild R ] net-mail/dovecot-1.2.15 USE="berkdb mysql pam ssl zlib -caps -cydir -dbox -doc -ipv6 -kerberos -ldap -maildir -managesieve -mbox -postgres -sieve -sqlite -suid -vpopmail" 0 kB [0]

[ebuild R ] www-apps/froxlor-0.9.13.1 USE="aps autoresponder awstats bind domainkey dovecot fcgid ftpquota log mailquota pureftpd realtime* ssl tickets -lighttpd" LINGUAS="en -bg -ca -cs -da -de -es -fr -hu -it -nl -pl -pt -ru -se -sl -zh_CN" 0 kB [1]

I don't use "realtime" flag , you can notice the start next to it.. realtime*

and I use dovecot of course, it is fresh install , no courier before ...

as for as realtime I have this flag enabled in my other box with different froxlor version and that works there ? so I was actually planning to enable it .!?!?

First of all, don't use the realtime-useflag (it's gone with 0.9.14 anyway).

Secondly, did you change from courier to dovecot? or something similar?

I was missing this file configuration for postfix

/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailbox_limit_maps.cf

I found the log in /var/log/mail.err

I have checked all logs, I did not see it before, weird, but glad I found it finally

Thanks for you time and suggestions

Archived