Froxlor Forum

awstats configuration

misiek303

Question

I have search a lot about that and did not find any good tutorial how to set awstats for gentoo with froxlor and suexec. I am thinking I have found a solution but I need something from froxlor what syscp did before. It was generating at least rewrite rules for VHOST. Froxlor generate only one alias

alias /awstats "/var/customers/webs/example/awstats/domain.com"

So I was looking for in the code and found createAWStatsVhost (lib/functions/froxlor/function.createAWStatsVhost.php) with stuff what I would need to display awstats page for each domain. But seems like YOU don't run it AT ALL. WHY ?

Also the authentication for awstats should be taken from here http://wiki.syscp.org/contrib/awstats. This is awesome solution since your alias (above) to domain.com directory does not work with that rewrites rules. In /etc/apache2/diroptions.conf file you store authentication for directory but not location. When you run rewrite and redirect to /awstats/awstats.pl the <Directory> is not touched <Location> works better.

Or maybe you have a way to deal with apache2/suexec/sharehosting/gentoo better. Please share with some tutorial please.

4 answers to this question

I am thinking I have found a solution but I need something from froxlor what syscp did before. It was generating at least rewrite rules for VHOST. Froxlor generate only one alias

alias /awstats "/var/customers/webs/example/awstats/domain.com"

You said you checked the code...well then compare SysCP with ours...SysCP did not generate any Awstats-files but rather just calling awstats.pl with parameters to dynamically generate statistics (yay, high load, extrem shitty for ppl with huge log-files).

So I was looking for in the code and found createAWStatsVhost (lib/functions/froxlor/function.createAWStatsVhost.php) with stuff what I would need to display awstats page for each domain. But seems like YOU don't run it AT ALL. WHY ?

What do you mean with "We don't run it at all"...again, if you say you checked the code, check again. What you are looking for is not the function there but the CRON-FILE that runs awstats

Also the authentication for awstats should be taken from here http://wiki.syscp.org/contrib/awstats.

No, just put a directory-protection (htpasswd) on the directory, done.

This is awesome solution since your alias (above) to domain.com directory does not work with that rewrites rules.

We don't use any Rewrite-Rules...

My apologies

I was working 3 days on awstats, today I checked the actually directory awstats/domain.com. I run all crons from the beginning and saw only awstatsMMYYYY.domian.com.txt file in side. Today I looked again and al awstats static html's files was generated beautifully.

One thing if you could tell me what actually cron does the job and why I did not see html before together with data file.

Froxlor ! Good job., thank you.

Best

Archived