Froxlor Forum

Connect with API not possible - HTTP 401 Unauthenticated.

HKrause

Question

I need a little hint. I want to use the Froxlor API. For testing purposes I used the cURL-sample and the PHP sample. Nothing works. I get only the error: Unauthenticated. Please provide api user credentials. API Access is allowed and the key/secret pair is created and will be used in the sample code.

Where is my mistake?

Many thanks for your help.

18 answers to this question

so why dont you give a bit more info then instead of saying "i use fcgi" ...how are we supposed to know your system or what your settings are etc.etc.etc. 

so, even for FCGID there's "Passing HTTP AUTH BASIC/DIGEST headers from Apache to PHP" for each php-option. Validate that the froxlor vhost php-config has this flag enabled

28 minutes ago, d00p said:

so, even for FCGID there's "Passing HTTP AUTH BASIC/DIGEST headers from Apache to PHP" for each php-option. Validate that the froxlor vhost php-config has this flag enabled

This was really helpful. I didn't know this option. I hope I come now a little bit further. Many thanks for your immediate help. Maybe it helps, if you give this hint in the API-documentation.

Now it looks so:

image.png.ac183bc2d53a65697282ea5e8dc9283c.png

38 minutes ago, d00p said:

Sorry I must disturb you once more. I switch "Übergeben von HTTP AUTH BASIC/DIGEST-Headern von Apache an PHP " rto on, save. After saving I open config and switch is off!. I am lost. Why I can't switch this option to on?

2 hours ago, d00p said:

Can't tell without more details. I've never had any issues setting this option and using it. 

I made intensive tests to narrow down the problem. Here my results.

I went to php, php configs and used one config. I changed the switch of "Übergeben von HTTP AUTH BASIC/DIGEST-Headern von Apache an PHP" to on and saved. I called this configuration, and the switch was off. I checked the same with "Für aktuelle Kunden automatisch hinzufügen". Switch stays off. I changed other information in the php.ini Einstellungen: they correctly saved.

I checked this with other php configurations. Same behavior. I used other Browser (instead of Firefox, Chrome) I checked it on other computer. Same behavior. From my point of you, it has to do with the Switch on/off elememt. So I checked next the behavior of the switch in "Domain bearbeiten". There switches work like expected.

So for me it means, the switches on the PHP-Config page are the reason of the problem. I have no idea why. I will investigate the problem further with clientsite debugging. Maybe you can give me on basis of this information another hint. I would great appreciate your help.

You are comparing two different actions. One switch regulates a simple 0 or 1 in the corresponding database table. The other one (Für aktuelle Kunden automatisch hinzufügen) is a one time action that is not stored in the tables.

After setting the http-auth flag in the PHP-config, validate that the field in the database table `panel_phpconfigs` is set accordingly 

Just tested that on the demo...it really seems not be saved, need to check, for now (if you want to continue api testing) just set value of the field `pass_authorizationheader` to `1` in the table `panel_phpconfigs` and force the cronjob manually to regenerate configs

And this diff should fix the issue that the value is not stored when using FCGID:

diff --git a/lib/Froxlor/Api/Commands/PhpSettings.php b/lib/Froxlor/Api/Commands/PhpSettings.php
index 588c04a6..d53cf075 100644
--- a/lib/Froxlor/Api/Commands/PhpSettings.php
+++ b/lib/Froxlor/Api/Commands/PhpSettings.php
@@ -312,7 +312,6 @@ class PhpSettings extends ApiCommand implements ResourceEntity
                                $fpm_enableslowlog = 0;
                                $fpm_reqtermtimeout = 0;
                                $fpm_reqslowtimeout = 0;
-                               $fpm_pass_authorizationheader = 0;
                                $override_fpmconfig = 0;
                        } elseif (Settings::Get('phpfpm.enabled') == 1) {
                                $fpm_reqtermtimeout = Validate::validate($fpm_reqtermtimeout, 'phpfpm_reqtermtimeout', '/^([0-9]+)(|s|m|h|d)$/', '', [], true);
@@ -548,7 +547,6 @@ class PhpSettings extends ApiCommand implements ResourceEntity
                                $fpm_enableslowlog = 0;
                                $fpm_reqtermtimeout = 0;
                                $fpm_reqslowtimeout = 0;
                                $override_fpmconfig = 0;
                                $fpm_reqtermtimeout = Validate::validate($fpm_reqtermtimeout, 'phpfpm_reqtermtimeout', '/^([0-9]+)(|s|m|h|d)$/', '', [], true);

11 minutes ago, d00p said:

And this diff should fix the issue that the value is not stored when using FCGID:

diff --git a/lib/Froxlor/Api/Commands/PhpSettings.php b/lib/Froxlor/Api/Commands/PhpSettings.php
@@ -312,7 +312,6 @@ class PhpSettings extends ApiCommand implements ResourceEntity
                                $fpm_enableslowlog = 0;
                                $fpm_reqtermtimeout = 0;
                                $fpm_reqslowtimeout = 0;
                                $override_fpmconfig = 0;
@@ -548,7 +547,6 @@ class PhpSettings extends ApiCommand implements ResourceEntity
                                $fpm_enableslowlog = 0;
                                $fpm_reqtermtimeout = 0;
                                $fpm_reqslowtimeout = 0;
                                $override_fpmconfig = 0;

Your support is a dream!!! Many, thanks!!! I want to send you money for your unbelievable quick response. Where I shopuld transfer it!

36 minutes ago, d00p said:

Just tested that on the demo...it really seems not be saved, need to check, for now (if you want to continue api testing) just set value of the field `pass_authorizationheader` to `1` in the table `panel_phpconfigs` and force the cronjob manually to regenerate configs

This worked for me! See now the switch on in froxlor php config!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, d00p said:

$fpm_enableslowlog = 0;
                                $fpm_reqtermtimeout = 0;
                                $fpm_reqslowtimeout = 0;
                                $override_fpmconfig = 0;
                                $fpm_enableslowlog = 0;
                                $fpm_reqtermtimeout = 0;
                                $fpm_reqslowtimeout = 0;
                                $override_fpmconfig = 0;

Unfortunately authentication does not work. Do you now in which file the config-data will be written for FCGI on apache24 for the froxlor host?

In a web from one of my customers I changed for testing purposes the pass_authorizationheader` to `1` in the froxlor database.

In the virtual host.conf I can see now the option

FcgidPassHeader     Authorization

see:

<VirtualHost 185.184.215.113:80>
  ServerName latina-halle.de
  ServerAlias www.latina-halle.de
  ServerAdmin +++++++++++++++++
  DocumentRoot "/var/customers/webs/latina"
  FcgidIdleTimeout 30
  FcgidPassHeader     Authorization
  SuexecUserGroup "latina" "latina"
  <Directory "/var/customers/webs/latina/">
    <FilesMatch "\.(php)$">
      SetHandler fcgid-script
      FcgidWrapper /var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/latina/latina-halle.de/php-fcgi-starter .php
      Options +ExecCGI
    </FilesMatch>
    Require all granted
    AllowOverride All
  </Directory>
  Alias /awstats "/var/customers/webs/latina/awstats/latina-halle.de"
  Alias /awstats-icon "/usr/share/awstats/icon/"
  LogLevel warn
  ErrorLog "/var/customers/logs/latina-error.log"
  CustomLog "/var/customers/logs/latina-access.log" combined
</VirtualHost>

When I look for this option in vhost-config for froxlor in the /etc/apache2/sites-enabled I find nothing.

Did you adjust the correct php config? There's so many things to check, it really would be way easier and faster to just do this via discord and even better with access to the server