Froxlor Forum

White screens, php errors

techie204

Question

I got white screens on the following sites and don't know what to do with these php errors:

- logged in as a user -- created an emailaddress -- click on it -- want to convert it into an account (german "Konto") --> white screen

- logged in as admin -- System -- Konfiguration --> white screen

I think most of the times are white screens something related to php, no?

I don't find any errors in logs /var/customers/logs --> there are only two empty logs: USER-error/access.log

But I found errors in apache-log:

user-problem:

[Fri Oct 26 22:30:00.478933 2018] [:error] [pid 11440] [client #myIP:59894] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_strlen() in /var/www/froxlor/lib/functions/froxlor/function.generatePassword.php:61\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/froxlor/lib/functions/froxlor/function.generatePassword.php(32): special_shuffle('abcdefghijklmno...')\n#1 /var/www/froxlor/lib/formfields/customer/email/formfield.emails_addaccount.php(41): generatePassword()\n#2 /var/www/froxlor/customer_email.php(623): include_once('/var/www/froxlo...')\n#3 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/froxlor/lib/functions/froxlor/function.generatePassword.php on line 61, referer: http://serverIP/froxlor/customer_email.php?s=7b813d26c5a74c74087c81e6153cde3f&page=emails&action=edit&id=25

admin-problem

[Fri Oct 26 21:57:03.162916 2018] [:error] [pid 22644] [client #myIP:58798] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function simplexml_load_file() in /var/www/froxlor/lib/classes/config/class.ConfigParser.php:92\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/froxlor/admin_configfiles.php(121): ConfigParser->__construct('/var/www/froxlo...')\n#1 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/froxlor/lib/classes/config/class.ConfigParser.php on line 92, referer: http://#server_IP/froxlor/admin_index.php?s=9ed67ce8e7ddaf514851ba15324a4937

The last long number of the error-code I also do see in the url of the white screen. Any ideas on what is misconfigured here?

Froxlor: 0.9.38.7-1
Webserver: Apache/2.4.25 (Debian)
PHP: 7.0.19-1

Update would be possible, but actually I wanted do do that with a change of the server later these weeks ? think the problem would persist...

Thanks in advance, Jens.

7 answers to this question

Thanks for the advice!

In my case it would be the following package: php7.0-xml

Since I took this instance from somebody else, I wonder how they did it before :-) now the whole machine requests a lot of updates and I already feel new problems :-( I always wonder how people can set something up and don't ... and so on ... I will try all this on the new machine as I wrote before and report back / close this issue. Thanks again!

Thanks for the advice.

At the end everything seem to be working out, at least the problem with the missing package.
What I found while testing on the new machine:
- needed to install additional php-packages apart from php itself: php7.2-xml php7.2-mysql php7.2-mbstring
- needed to manually adapt all apache2-config in /sites-enabled/ from first IP to new IP (probably this is possible from admin-Panel -- Domains) in order to get apache starting

May I ask some more things concerning migration that I still would like to manage here or shall I open another thread? (or maybe there is already an overview on migration and I didn't find it!?)

Spoiler

--> user/group vmail does not yet exist, but was before on system for /var/customers/web
--> I copied everything but Dashboard doesn't recognize newly installed version, seems to be still from DB!? How to update?
--> do I need to reconfigure services all in all?
--> How to establish new IP? --> is it enough to put it in IP's and ports, change domains and write new apache-files?

Thank you...

15 hours ago, techie204 said:

--> user/group vmail does not yet exist, but was before on system for /var/customers/web

Then you did not follow the configuration templates completely as the user vmail is added there.

--> I copied everything but Dashboard doesn't recognize newly installed version, seems to be still from DB!? How to update?

Copied what where? If you mean froxlor, then froxlor will recognize a new version and won't let you do anything but update.

--> do I need to reconfigure services all in all?

I would.

--> How to establish new IP? --> is it enough to put it in IP's and ports, change domains and write new apache-files?

Yes.

14 hours ago, d00p said:

Then you did not follow the configuration templates completely as the user vmail is added there.

Oh man, thank u, that was absolutely correct. Didn't install froxlor before, it goes like a charme, really nice work with the templates.

14 hours ago, d00p said:

Copied what where? If you mean froxlor, then froxlor will recognize a new version and won't let you do anything but update.

So. For migration I did the following:
- installed froxlor from repos (http://debian.froxlor.org stretch/main amd64 Packages --> Installed: 0.9.39.5-1
- transferred Database to new system (created froxlor DB [did not migrate mysql since there are others], migrated froxlor DB [only one customer], put new credentials in config)
- rsync /var/customers
[- copied apache2/sites-enabled files, but they can be written new in configuration]
- copied /var/www/froxlor
- now with your advice reconfigured services and switched server IP in system settings / domains

--> I got it, sorry for that. With that, I've overwritten new version of froxlor-files with old ones --> reinstall new version and DB-update takes place as you said -- everything works

apt install froxlor --reinstall

Also found that one script that works to change IP:

php /var/www/froxlor/install/scripts/switch-server-ip.php --switch=old-ip,new-ip --froxlor-dir=/var/www/froxlor

Thanks for your answers! Now I think I can go on to do the migration for real...

Archived