Froxlor Forum

Installation Issue.

thePCdoctor

Question

Good day to all. I hope I am posting in the correct forum.

A tad of history and intel:

We currently host 22 sites on Windows Systems. We are annoyed and tired of Funding Bill Gate's life style, so we are migrating to the "IX" world.

I have a Centos 6.5 test system setup with all the prerequisites and everything functions fine, nginx, php, MySQL, phpmyadmin etc. To date we have installed and tested 8 different admin panels. Most of which are just not that functional.

We have attempted to install this product and all seemed to go just fine, the installer says everything is installed and configured "good to go - i.e. green".

After entering all the relevant information we get an error indicating that the config file could not be create in /usr/lib so we copied the content and created the appropriate file.

To be sure, we rebooted the server and made sure that everything was running properly.

Now every time try to hit the url, we get the installer running again. We can't get past it, and get no errors (other than the notice above).

We are quite eager to try this bad boy out, so any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

I figured it out; SELinux=0. I eventually put him into permissive mode and I'll work on him at a later time after I go over the logs, this is all in a lab anyway.

At least it's up and running and works fine (so far) on 2 x CentOS 6.5 boxes, one with Apache, other with nginx.

I thank you for your time and efforts.

It is always appreciated.

Thank you for the information, thta makes sense.

The problem I now have is I get this error:

Checking MySQL-root access... SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (13) There seems to be a problem with the database-connection. Cannot continue. Please go back and check your credentials.

I can login with phpmyadmin, create a db, create tables and all is well.

During intall, I leave everything as defaul (except the fqdn) and of course enter the correct passwords.

Again, we hvae to be missing something real obvious.

I appreciate the previous pointer and any further assistance.

Check your lib/userdata.inc.php file whether it includes the correct credentials. Did the Installation finish without any errors? I mean if the setup finished successfully the database credentials must be correct...

Wow, thank you for the super fast reply.

My bad, I did not provide all the information to allow you to assis me.

What I did last evening  (mostly out of frustration), was rebuild the server from scratch. Thinking that I may have pooched ngnix, I installed apache (with which we are very comfortable) and al lthe required components.

So it is at this point that I get the error.

I do appologize for not being incomplete and realize that this is all volunteer time. I will ensure that I post all relevant information in the future.

What does a rebuild of the server have to do with mysql-user/password-credentials? If you reinstalled everything i presume you have also reinstalled froxlor, therefore also re-set it up.

Also, the message "cannot connect to mysql-server" might suggest that the mysql-server is not running. Additionally, you can check froxlors logs/sql-error.log for a possible more detailed error-message + backtrace

thanks again for the reply.

As mentioned in a previous post, I can login to phpmyadmin etc. So mysql is running (just checked again).

The reason for the rebuild was to re-confirm that mysql, apache, php and related elements were in fact instlaled and working. A step that I took to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I have no log file in /var/www/froxlor/logs and no lib/userdata.inc.php file. There are other files in lib, ajax, iniit etc.

The permissions are all correct as per the install requirements.

Here is what we are filling in on the Install Form:

mysql hosename: 127.0.0.1, db name and uesr: froxlor (defaults), mysql root and 'correct pswd', then a basic 6 char password for  the Admiin Acct, the fqdn of my test server and ip=192.168.1.x.

hostname resovles correctly, phpinfo seems ok (regrading the modules required). I can log into mysql (cmd line and phpmyadmin). I uploaded a test wordpress website and it works fine, logging in, posting etc.

I really don't want to waste your time and appreciate how valuable it is, and of course your efforts.

Gonna take a few hours r&r then revisit it.

Thanks.

I have no log file in /var/www/froxlor/logs and no lib/userdata.inc.php file. There are other files in lib, ajax, iniit etc.

No lib/userdata.inc.php? Then froxlor is not installed...and you should get redirected to the install-page.

If you want a professional to take a look at your server, maybe https://froxlor.support/ comes in handy for you?!

Archived