Froxlor Forum

Wheezy Dovecot issue

onyxnz

Question

Hi, I have set up a new VPS running Debian 7.2 in OpenVZ. To start with it was running ISPCONFIG 3. As this VPS is for the wife to use too, it had to be easy to use, and ISPConfig she didn't like. So I found froxlor, installed, and managed to get the nginx running happily with php5-fpm. I had Postfix and DoveCot on the system earlier, and due to the changes in authentication methods, decided to do an apt-get remove --purge on both of them, then reinstalled, using the configuration files from froxlor's suggestions. 

Unfortunately the dovecot doesn't respond to the email client (latest Tbird on linux) properly, with:

Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server mail.example.com responded: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information.

But there is no logs anywhere that I can find! I tried altering the /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf to uncomment everything, but still no logs.

Please advise if this is a known issue, or whether you have it working in your own environment.

3 answers to this question

Totally agreed... except even messages is suspiciously quiet, last updated 21 hours ago, when the last reboot to the system was less than that! The most up-to-date logs I have in /var/log/ are dpkg, php5-fpm, wtmp, lastlog, fail2ban, faillog, alternatives....

any other ideas?

Archived