Froxlor Forum

Ftp does not create homedir? (Pure-Ftpd-Mysql)

albin2009

Question

Hey you guys! Almost got it all working now!

Im wondering if when i make a user, are the system supose to make a homedir OR do i haft to create the homedir before i create the ftp USER?

Iv'e tried to creat the user and it just says: homedir: /var/customers/webs/NAME

But there is no dir created?

I got my www map under /home/user/www. Could that be the proble or is it a permission porblem? If it is, please tell me what to chmod.

Or is it cronjob that i need to fix? if i need that, what cronjob is it and what do i write in crontab -e?

Sorry for the need of help, i have been looking around in the forum but i haven't found anything.

I have change to PURE-FTPD in the admin panel of froxlor and iv'e also followed the guide in the admin panel. Only thing i need now is to figure out why it doesn't make the homes.

13 answers to this question

Yes i read you whole post, it's a bit confusing so i figured you were asking for more than you need. 

If you have done the configuration - why would i need to give you a fix? Please post a clear description of what is not working as expected and add some LOGs to it.

Also, I don't do skype/teamviewer stuff - commercial support is done via -> froxlor-help.net. If you don't want that, you have to stick to the forum or IRC

I have setup the configruations on the admin page.

I have pure-ftpd-mysql and iv'e changed the configruations to what it need to be from the guide in the admin panel.

I want to know:

Are Froxlor supose to create a home directory when i make a ftp account for a customer? Or do i haft to make the directory myself?

When i create a ftp account for a user right now, the Froxlor does NOT create a home directory for user.

---------------------------------------------------------

There is no error in my logs.

I have no croon job set up for it, do i need any croon job in order for Froxlor to create home dirr?

Basiclly, My problem is that Froxlor does NOT make a home dir.

What i did was to upload the content to my ftp, made an account and group on ubuntu. I made one account my mysql + DB and then installed the panel from my website.

I haven't done anymore...

I can not find the setup for CRONJOB, could u be kind and give me a link :)?

There's no link - it's in your froxlor-installation.

1) Login as 'admin'

2) Chose 'configuration' on the left menu

3) Chose your distribution from the top select-box (e.g. Debian 7 (Wheezy))

4) Chose 'Others (system)' in the second select-box

5) Chose 'Crond (cronscript)' in the last select-box

6) Do as shown there

You should know that, because you should have setup all your services like that. Froxlor and/or the services will not work properly without being configured

hmm i will try, and post here in a bit if i get probs :) 

The thing is that i can't find a guide for ubuntu, i guess i'll use Debian guide for it.

I dont really know what to install to my ubuntu system.

The guide is messing with my head a little bit.

But could u specify what guides to use for ubuntu in order to get it to work 100%?

Archived