Froxlor Forum

Email & Umlautdomain

hansdampf

Question

Hey!

Today I added an Umlautdomain to my Froxlor System. Website and Cert is fine so far and I can also add Email Addresses, but I'm not able to create Accounts or Forwarders for the Addresses ....

Domain (just an example): Umlautdömain.de

Once an Email was added it is converted to Punycode: text@xn--umlautdmain-xfb.de

When I try to add an Account or Forwarder I get the following error message:

Email address with emailaddr 'text@xn--umlautdmain-xfb.de' could not be found.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance for help.

Regards

Hans

7 answers to this question

Yup, could reproduce, it's a bug. The following patch fixes the issue:

diff --git a/lib/Froxlor/Api/Commands/EmailAccounts.php b/lib/Froxlor/Api/Commands/EmailAccounts.php
index f341c880..feb0cd9a 100644
--- a/lib/Froxlor/Api/Commands/EmailAccounts.php
+++ b/lib/Froxlor/Api/Commands/EmailAccounts.php
@@ -99,6 +99,11 @@ class EmailAccounts extends ApiCommand implements ResourceEntity
                                Response::standardError('notallowedtouseaccounts', '', true);
                        }

+                       if (!empty($emailaddr)) {
+                               $idna_convert = new IdnaWrapper();
+                               $emailaddr = $idna_convert->encode($emailaddr);
+                       }
+
                        // get email address
                        $result = $this->apiCall('Emails.get', [
                                'id' => $id,
@@ -357,6 +362,11 @@ class EmailAccounts extends ApiCommand implements ResourceEntity
                $ea_optional = $id > 0;
                $emailaddr = $this->getParam('emailaddr', $ea_optional, '');

+               if (!empty($emailaddr)) {
+                       $idna_convert = new IdnaWrapper();
+                       $emailaddr = $idna_convert->encode($emailaddr);
+               }
+
                // validation
                $result = $this->apiCall('Emails.get', [
                        'id' => $id,

I tried the forwarder, sorry. With both fixes I'm able to create forwarder and account, but unfortunately the forwarder does not work ....

With only forwarder in place here is what I see in /var/log/mail.info

May 30 07:10:40 ladida postfix/smtpd[16189]: connect from mail-wm1-f48.google.com[xx.xx.xx.xx]
May 30 07:10:40 ladida Relay access denied/smtpd[16189]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-wm1-f48.google.com[xx.xx.xx.xx]: 554 5.7.1 <text@xn--umlautdmain-xfb.de>: Relay access denied; from=<xxxx@gmail.com> to=<text@xn--umlautdmain-xfb.de> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-wm1-f48.google.com>

Adding "smtputf8_enable = no" Parameter in the main.cf makes the error-message disappear, but the E-Mails do not arrive at their destination

May 30 08:05:18 ladida postfix/pipe[18330]: 566641209FC: to=<text@xn--umlautdmain-xfb.de>, relay=dovecot, delay=0.31, delays=0.28/0.01/0/0.02, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via dovecot service)
May 30 08:05:19 ladida postfix/smtp[18329]: 566641209FC: to=<xxxx@gmail.com>, orig_to=<text@xn--umlautdmain-xfb.de>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[xx.xx.xx.xx]:25, delay=0.91, delays=0.28/0.01/0.17/0.45, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK  1685426718 o6-20020a5d58c6000000b0030aefaef7c3si885126wrf.337 - gsmtp)

Mails with Account only seem fine (send and receive ok), what is more important for me.

the issue is not the forwarder itself and the domain, see your error message: Relay access denied; from=<xxxx@gmail.com> to=<text@xn--umlautdmain-xfb.de> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-wm1-f48.google.com>