Froxlor Forum

Auto Installer

PS2Guy

Question

Hi dev team (and others),

I have had a play with your software and (from the 5 minutes or so I was fiddling) it's a very nice peice of software, but the thing that I think it's missing is auto installers that install and preconfigure your server resources?

Please correct me if you do already have one and I've been looking in the wrong place?

I am a major player in the Open Source Control Panel scene and would like to help with this project (if allowed to) by organising auto installers for your supported OSes.

Please let me know if this is something that you would be interested at looking into?

4 answers to this question

there are some snippets and scripts already which can be found here in the forums. We think it is still a good thing to copy and paste the configs manually, so an admin at least knows what configs he changed/created. But sure, you're welcome to do auto-installer scripts

I'm not sure if what I have will actually work?

I've just done a fresh install of Debian 7 x64 and there are a lot of things that need configuring.

In my experience people (server admins) like the least amount of work to get a server running properly.

I'm not trying to dis your product as it seems very efficient (SSL Support out of the box, Nginx and others), I am very impressed so far with what I have found, but just takes a lot to get it up and running how you want.

Is this product more aimed towards advanced users?

It is aimed for administrators - which by my understanding should have basic knowledge of their system. A usual Froxlor setup takes no longer than 5 minutes...but as said, if you like to develop these installer-scripts, go ahead. You can always find us on IRC (irc.freenode.net/#froxlor) in case you have any questions or whatever.

It is aimed for administrators - which by my understanding should have basic knowledge of their system. A usual Froxlor setup takes no longer than 5 minutes...but as said, if you like to develop these installer-scripts, go ahead. You can always find us on IRC (irc.freenode.net/#froxlor) in case you have any questions or whatever.

I wasn't having a go, it is a very nice product.

From my experience some users think that they're system administrators when they are really desktop users, and being that this is an Open Source (free) product some users might try and install it and think WTF after it's done.

I'll keep having a play with it as I do like it. I may move my other servers to your product if I can get a script running properly.

Archived