Froxlor Forum

How about a HowToInstall in Ubuntu?

Martin Lee

I'm a Ubuntu user, and Froxlor 0.9.3 doesn't seem to work properly with Ubuntu Server 9.10,

the configration guidiance inside Froxlor only support 8.04 LTS, it's a right decision to support the Long-Term-Supported editon,

but now with the updatation of attached modules, some configration changes...I just can not set up Froxlor.

Can you write new config scripts for Ubuntu 9.10 or 10.04(a LTS too), and a How To Install is also be expected, as ISPConfig with a full documents of all popular Linux Server OS.

i do not currently plan to provide config templates for 9.10 as it is no LTS, it'll be EOL at April 2011 already, which is quite short for beeing a "Server" Release (the support for that type of releases does not differ from the main one from what i see)

you could, however tell me what kind of issues you were having so i could try to help you to get it running.

i'll start working on 10.04 config templates when beta 2 is released.

Except Proftpd and Bind9, other parts run well.

When I try to login the FTP server, FTP client told me I got a worng password. I checked Mysql database, but nothing unusual. And the nameserver doesn't analysis the virtualhost's domain.

Sorry for less infomation, I'm not an expert Linux user, I just wanna set up my home server. I can get ISPConfig installed and run with their directions, but it's too complex for a home server, and I don't like its style.

Ubuntu 10.04 performs pretty well. It's much faster than before. I can wait for new Froxlor release for U 10.04, that's ok.

BTW, what does Froxlor mean? ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived