Froxlor Forum

Bind/Name server issues. Help?

zyklon

Question

So, I just installed froxlor on a newly setup server and set the nameservers in the bind configurations to ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com. And in the control panel at my domain provider i set up the ip's and the hostnames correctly. When I go to add the nameservers though to ns1 and ns2 for my domain on the provider it fails. Some bind investigation is find that i can't find those setting saved anywhere although when i reload the nameserver config it still shows the same info.

Help?

4 answers to this question

• Use a title which describes the posting. Nothing else.
    • Done

[*]What is the exactly problem? What does not work or which symptoms do you discover?

• Bind -> not writing the bind settings when i save it to a file so that i have the nameservers and domains setup.

[*]Provide detail information about the problem: Provide server AND client (if exists) logs (nopaste them via Froxlor nopaste service or another service)

• I have followed all the config information. Not sure what logs would be wanted/needed.

[*]Provide the logs also, if you THINK that there are no errors

[*]Provide your used configuration file contents. Nopaste them, don't dump them within your thread.

[*]Explain your made steps on the system. Example: Installed Froxlor with apt and the packages X/Y/etc., configured the system services with Froxlor's configuration templates, configured/ modified X/Y/etc.. (tutorials, auto.-scripts, etc.)

• Installed Froxlor 6.1.1 on Ubuntue 11.10 i believe or 11.04. Leaning to 10.

[*]Provide information about your system: Distribution (name, version, etc.), architecture, used services (httpd, MTA, MDA, FTPd, etc.), Froxlor version, the way you have installed Froxlor (apt/git/tarball/etc.) etc.

• Used apt to install if i remember correctly.

[*]Show the relevant settings within the (admin/customer) panel (screenshots are okay).

• None needed?

[*]Is it a Froxlor related problem? Most of the bug reports in the forum here are not related to Froxlor. Please ask on this forum only support for Froxlor.

• Appears to be.

[*]Please write in a clear language, so others don't have to think about what YOU tried to say

Bind -> not writing the bind settings when i save it to a file so that i have the nameservers and domains setup.

So you mean /etc/bind/froxlor_bind.conf will not modified correctly if you perform any domain actions (remove/add)?

Have you set the cronjob correctly? If yes, will it be executed (see logfile, grep for CRON messages)? Will the customer directories (default: /var/customers/webs/x) be created?

Aren't there any error messages in the /var/log/syslog?

So you mean /etc/bind/froxlor_bind.conf will not modified correctly if you perform any domain actions (remove/add)?

Have you set the cronjob correctly? If yes, will it be executed (see logfile, grep for CRON messages)? Will the customer directories (default: /var/customers/webs/x) created?

Aren't there any error messages in the /var/log/syslog?

Alright, based on that and some of my own fixing I was able to get it somewhat functioning in that it was saving to the file and everything seems to be relatively functioning, except bind itself. Here is the exact error i get when i try to restart bind or reload, or whatever.

# /etc/init.d/bind9 reload
* Reloading domain name service... bind9
rndc: connect failed: 127.0.0.1#953: connection refused
																	 [fail]

Re-installed to try the above... this only happens after froxlor generates its stuff.

Archived