Froxlor Forum

What will happen to 1.0?

traedamatic

Question

Hello,

I am new to the Froxlor-Forum, but I use Froxlor as my ControllPanel for maybe a half year.

At this point, i have some difficulties with the nginx module.

I'm although a Php-Developer that why i looked in the code of 0.9.22 and tried to

find the problem and maybe fix it. But the code right now is really hard to read.

Then i looked through the Forum to get some ideas about the code and the further development.

I found the announcement about the new "re-factored" version of 1.0. Unfortunately,

i read that the "head-developer" of the 1.0 branch did leave the community in march.

http://forum.froxlor.org/index.php?/topic/853-leaving-the-dev-team/

By then all the development stopped. :(

My first question is what will happen to the 1.0 branch without d00p in the team?

In the second part of my post i will again bring up the idea of using a php - framework for the 1.0 branch and not create a own one.

I have a read about this topic in forum

http://forum.froxlor.org/index.php?/topic/325-zeitgemases-software-design/page__p__1700__hl__design__fromsearch__1#entry1700

But since the 1.0 branch is not be developed right and d00p is gone the topic did gain more importance, i think.

Maybe we can collect some pros and cons for a new development or a php-framework?

Here is a list of framework, we can take a look at:

CakePhP

Symfony

CodeIgniter

(...)

I'm a native german speaker, so i hope i made my point clear a enough.

traedamatic

2 answers to this question

Hi,

First: d00p wasn't head - developer or anything like this, we simply do not have someone who is "head" of anything in Froxlor, we all decide as a team what will happen. And what we decided is, that we will refactor the current trunk into what we call 1.0. This currently happens all the time, you may see the "fc" und "rrp" - branches, wher a lot of new stuff is already introduced :)

so long,

Florian

Hi,

First: d00p wasn't head - developer or anything like this, we simply do not have someone who is "head" of anything in Froxlor, we all decide as a team what will happen. And what we decided is, that we will refactor the current trunk into what we call 1.0. This currently happens all the time, you may see the "fc" und "rrp" - branches, wher a lot of new stuff is already introduced :)

so long,

Florian

Oh, nice! I just looked at the froxlor 1.0 project in redmine.

So, will there be a documentation or maybe just a api-doc ?

One more question about the software design:

I can see a folder "modules" with a subfolder "admin" and only one class "customers".

Will there be more class to come, like maybe a nginx or apache class for maintaining thoses services?

I think it quite good if you have all stuff related to a "service" in one class.

Example:

class.nginx.php:

Functions:

addDomain

deleteDomain

editDomain

writeConfFile

runCron

(...)

all special set for nginx support

Right now, i think i done with the admin_domain.php and then a special crontab script.

Archived