Froxlor Forum

help on froxlor git version 0.9.28-svn5

chcnetguru

Question

Hi guys,

I'm having some troubles here. Recently I have upgraded a syscp 1.4.42 hosting server to froxlor 0.9.27. Then I had problems with languages (utf-8 ;-)), this is crucial, because 80% of my customsers are from Slovakia, so slovak language is not an option but a show stopper. So I have switched then to 0.9.28-svn5 (there languages are working wonderfully, after my patches of the language files). But aside of that I'm facing now big troubles. Hopefully someone of you out there can help me out:

Problems:

1) When I add a new domain to an existing customer, the new domain's bind zonefile is not created somehow

2) often although I have changed something, the cron task is not started, or simply ignores the flag. I have to schedule a complete rewrite of the configuration, then it is done

3) I am having 600 mailusers and about 200 websites, using fcgid setup with two php version 5.2 and 5.3... In default configuration, there is a severe bug in the creation script for apache, creating the virtual hosts. The option FcgidIdleTimeout is configured, but apache does not know that and refuses to start again (I cannot log into the froxlor environment). First of all I have to fix in all 400 vhost files FcgidIdleTimeout to IdleTimeout, to get it up and running. Then I had to patch the fcgid apache crontask job script, to correctly write that.

4) If an existing admin is logged into, he cannot create anymore customers and domains, because the system keeps telling him, that he cannot alllocate more then his resources (he has unlimited resources, so that should not come up at all)

5) in the svn5 Version not even the configuration support functions are working....

6) I cannot create directory security at customer level (for webalizer or awstats), because the system doesn't provide me with a dropdown box for the PATH where I need to set up the password (I get only the root directory, and thats contraproductive)

7) If I delete a customer (and had entered manually in mysql additional users for that particular client (during migration e.g. a local ip address for the MySQL-Server), the admin_customers.php script dies with an error message (and in fact it could not revoke that particular user, that has not been added by froxlor.) In that case it would be cool, if the system would not loose the session completely, but continue after an error message about the problems during revoking grants..... This is not a major bug, but a feature in my case ;-)

Enhancments:

1) DNS: Because I have a distributed system setup (one server is the mailserver, the froxlorhost is the webserver + primary DNS, and another one is the database server) - this has performace reasons), I need to setup somewhere additional mailhost IP-Addresses, otherwise nothing would be workinjg. Currently I have patched the dns creation script, to add the requestes hostnames at the end of each generated zonefile. Also it would be cool, if I could set up another IP-Address for the webserver (domain.tld + www.domain.tld) in case the storage is on another server (also performance reasons)...

I would suggest adding in panel_settings additional records for smtp IN A x.x.x.x, imap IN A x.x.x.x, pop3 IN A x.x.x.x and mail IN A x.x.x.x)

Kind regards

Christoph Christ

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived