Froxlor Forum

Awstats problem

Raymond

Question

I noticed that since my install the user root was receiving a lot of mail, when i took a look at it, i noticed that the amails were generated by cron and involved awstats.

Subject: Cron <www-data@darktower> [ -x /usr/share/awstats/tools/update.sh ] && /usr/share/awstats/tools/update.sh

and they are filled with the following:

Error: SiteDomain parameter not defined in your config/domain file. You must edit it for using this version of AWStats.

Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.model.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.

Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

Error: Couldn't open config file "awstats.awstats.conf" nor "awstats.conf" after searching in path "/usr/lib/cgi-bin,/etc/awstats,/usr/local/etc/awstats,/etc,/etc/opt/awstats": No such file or directory

- Did you use correct config parameter ?

Example: If your config file is awstats.mysite.conf, use -config=mysite

- Did you create your config file 'awstats.awstats.conf' ?

If not, you can run "awstats_configure.pl"

from command line, or create it manually.

Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

Can someone help me with this? I tryed to change the permissions but noting helped.

5 answers to this question

Thanks, i looked into it, and the problem was the default cronjob from awstats (wich installed with the apt-get install awstats) in /etc/cron.d/

maybe add an entry in the settings for Debian to remove it.

Yes, debian has a default awstats cronjob which should be disabled in most installs of froxlor. The whole awstats setup is a bit critical. Anything can break it, even if everything is set up correctly logrotate could break everything (but this covered in the wiki).

Can someone help me with this? I tryed to change the permissions but noting helped.

1) did you change the settings in 'Statistics' according to your system? (Paths, configfile-names, etc.)

2) did you setup awstats like Froxlor shows in the 'Configuration' wizard for your system?

1) did you change the settings in 'Statistics' according to your system? (Paths, configfile-names, etc.)

2) did you setup awstats like Froxlor shows in the 'Configuration' wizard for your system?

Yes i did both, just checked it, but still the mails arrive every 10 minutes :S

Anny other solution, or the need for some extra info (If so, what do you need to know?

ehm, every 10 minutes? Awstats is only called once a day, maybe you have some other cron for awstats that runs besides froxlor's cronjob?

Thanks, i looked into it, and the problem was the default cronjob from awstats (wich installed with the apt-get install awstats) in /etc/cron.d/

maybe add an entry in the settings for Debian to remove it.

Archived