Froxlor Forum

Step by step guide to setting up Froxlor with Dovecot?

Cait

Question

Is there a step by step guide anywhere that discusses how to set froxlor up with dovecot instead of the default mailer?

Editing to clarify - I'm installing froxlor on a clean Lenny virtual. I want to use Dovecot rather than courier. I've got Dovecot installed. Froxlor wants to add courier-authlib as a dependency when I go to install it via apt. I'm not having any luck searching on this topic.

Thanks

Cait

2 answers to this question

it should not need to install courier-authlib when you have dovecot installed already. But well, you still can remove courier-authlib afterwards.

Then there are commands and configuration-templates for dovecot in the panel (when installed, login as admin -> configuration -> chose debian -> imap/pop3 -> dovecot)

it should not need to install courier-authlib when you have dovecot installed already. But well, you still can remove courier-authlib afterwards.

Then there are commands and configuration-templates for dovecot in the panel (when installed, login as admin -> configuration -> chose debian -> imap/pop3 -> dovecot)

Thank you- just wqanted to make sure it wasn't doing anything irrevocable- I'm already on my second try at this.

Archived