Froxlor Forum

[solved] Own vhost settings for subdomain

Ward

Question

Hello,

I currently have a domain that has an specific includepath in the Own vHost-settings. I created a subdomain that needs different include paths (or rather empty). Is it possible to put vhost settings for a subdomain or how to achieve this?

Thanks,

Ward

7 answers to this question

Same problem here! With my old syscp I added the subdomains directly as admin where I could enter the vhost settings seperatly. Now I've created them as the user and got no special vhost options.

When I try to disable "Admin-Panel: -> Edit-Domain -> Apply specialsettings to all subdomains (*.example.com): -> No" from yes to no - it reverts after a save to yes automaticly - huh?! Idea here?

Same problem here! With my old syscp I added the subdomains directly as admin

100% not...i bet you added the "sub"-domain as full domain, cause an admin cannot create subdomain and never could (not even in syscp).

That's why you could enter vhost-settings for a subdomain.

and that's why we added the "main-domain as subdomain"-feature.

When I try to disable "Admin-Panel: -> Edit-Domain -> Apply specialsettings to all subdomains (*.example.com): -> No" from yes to no - it reverts after a save to yes automaticly - huh?! Idea here?

That's because this is a one-action thing. If you chose yes there, all settings are applies when hitting 'save'. After that it's 'No' again.

Hi!

100% not...i bet you added the "sub"-domain as full domain, cause an admin cannot create subdomain and never could (not even in syscp).

That's why you could enter vhost-settings for a subdomain.

and that's why we added the "main-domain as subdomain"-feature.

That's what I meant: I added the domains as syscp master admin. Not as a "reseller"... I added the subdomains there as every normal domain :)

That's because this is a one-action thing. If you chose yes there, all settings are applies when hitting 'save'. After that it's 'No' again.

Ehrm... it's the other way: ATM it's on "yes" (use the settings for subdomains). I can switch to "no" and save - after reloading it's on "yes" again. So when I get you right after "using" it once with "no" - where can I enter the subdomain settings then? :)

OK, that of course will work. For that I have to remove the earlier created subdomain and then re-create it. Was just curious if it's possible to edit seperate vhost settings as user (admin) without re-creating. Thanks!

Archived