Froxlor Forum

Configuration problem (apache)

Ward

Question

Hello,

I have a problem with my froxlor apache configuration.

I use the domain e-volutions.be with some subdomains. I access froxlor trough froxlor.e-volutions.be. The problem is every time I change some configuration in apache using froxlor, all subdomains redirect to www.e-volutions.be. Most of the subdomains are vhost file manually created.

I found the following problem:

Every time I change something in my apache config the ServerAlias is changed to *.e-volutions.be. This causes every subdomain to redirect to www

<VirtualHost 88.*:80>

ServerName e-volutions.be

ServerAlias *.e-volutions.be

I fix this by changing it manually to

<VirtualHost 88.*:80>

ServerName e-volutions.be

ServerAlias www.e-volutions.be

Does somebody knows how I can fix this?

4 answers to this question

Please log in to the customer panel to the site:

(Domain)settings => 'edit' domain e-volutions.be => Create as wildcarddomain? => NO

Wait any minutes until the cronjob generated the config (vhost) files. Please notice: If you change anything in the vHost files manually, the cronjob reset them after any minutes (default 5) again.

You should read the third line in the file:

# Do NOT manually edit this file, all changes will be deleted after the next domain change at the panel.

Please log in to the customer panel to the site:

(Domain)settings => 'edit' domain e-volutions.be => Create as wildcarddomain? => NO

Wait any minutes until the cronjob generated the config (vhost) files. Please notice: If you change anything in the vHost files manually, the cronjob reset them after any minutes (default 5) again.

You should read the third line in the file:

Okay I found it. Works now! Maybe it would be better to also include this option in the admin edit domain screen?

Archived