Froxlor Forum

[solved] Some annoyances

alastor

Basically i really like froxlor since comming from SysCP. We are using froxlor frequently.

But there are some really annoying topics on which i couldn't find any infos.

NSS/nscd

Will this system ever be dropped since it's really a mess when there are needed services

like sftp,ssh,postgresql and other stuff needing systemusers or not needed mysql on a server.

Dependencies

I would use froxlor from apt if there wheren't all these dependencies.

Even choosing only "needed" dependencies brings in unwanted and unneeded packages.

Modules

It would be nice to see that modules can be disabled. Like i choose no mailstuff and everything regarding mail will be set to no/disabled/0.

NSS/nscd

Will this system ever be dropped since it's really a mess when there are needed services

like sftp,ssh,postgresql and other stuff needing systemusers or not needed mysql on a server.

if you have an alternative, let us know

Dependencies

Even choosing only "needed" dependencies brings in unwanted and unneeded packages.

Well that's a debian thing. Use Source if you don't like dependencies. If we don't let the package

depend on services Froxlor needs/uses than 90% of our users will go look for another panel.

If you are experienced and you know what you need, then use source tarballs.

Modules

It would be nice to see that modules can be disabled. Like i choose no mailstuff and everything regarding mail will be set to no/disabled/0.

There are no "Modules" in 0.9.x, wait for Froxlor-1.0 and/or Multiserver-Support

if you have an alternative, let us know

Plain systemusers.

I know there would be trouble with other parts needing this, but you should kick proftpd and use pure- and vsftpd only.

All three ftpd's are using its own virtual users mechanism so that would be a tricky work :|

Well that's a debian thing. Use Source if you don't like dependencies. If we don't let the package

depend on services Froxlor needs/uses than 90% of our users will go look for another panel.

If you are experienced and you know what you need, then use source tarballs.

Sure you are right on that. My mistake because we are using Debian all the time.

There are no "Modules" in 0.9.x, wait for Froxlor-1.0 and/or Multiserver-Support

Looking forward to it so i dont have to patch and test everytime a new version comes out.

Dependencies

On Debian, before installing Froxlor add to /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/20norecommends:

APT
   {
   Install-Recommends "false";
   }

A default install with Apache and PHP5 only (no Mail/FTP/DNS, you can add it later):

aptitude install froxlor awstats

Regards,

/Sorin

Archived