Froxlor Forum

[Poll] Which combination do you use?

Vaio

Question

Hello.

So which combination do you use on your Froxlor?

1. Webservers

A. Apache2

B. Lighttpd

C. Nginx

2. Mailservers SMTP (MTA)

A. Postfix

B. Exim

3. Mailservers IMAP/POP3 (MDA)

A. Courier

B. Dovecot

4. FTP

A. ProFTPd

B. PureFtpd

5. DNS

A. Bind9

B. PowerDNS

Just write for example: 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A (if you use Webserver: Apache2, Mailserver: Postfix... etc).

Of course comments WHY you use some and not other system is always welcome!

P.s: I didn't use Topic Poll since it supports only 3 questions...

25 answers to this question

1 x 1A, 2A, 3B, 4B, 5A (It's my favourite)

2 x 1A, 2A, 3A, 4B, 5A (Because it started when dovecot wasn't supported by SysCP/Froxlor. Courier is nice and does its work fine, but Dovecot is developed much more intensive and seems to be a little faster)

2 x 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A (Because it started when pureftpd wasn't supported by SysCP/Froxlor. PureFTPd seems to be easyer, faster and more secure)

I use apache as webserver, always have, always will. I know my apache, if I need something changed, i know where to look.

I use postfix + postfix as backup mx. No special reason.

I use dovecot and I prefere it over courier 'cause it's everything out-of-one-hand and easy to configure.

I use proftpd 'cause it's more flexible than pure-ftpd. nevertheless i like pure-ftpd and it's focus on a safe ftp daemon.

I use bind as primary and secondary ns. for a while there i was using bind+powerdns secondary, but i found that powerdns uses too much memory.

1A, 2A, 3A, (4A,) 5A

Reason: That was the base configuration of my vServer ;-)

I put ProFTP in braces because I disabled It 'cause I don't need an FTP server and don't trust its security (that is my skill to configure it securely (- :).

1A, 2A, 3B, 4A, (5A)

DNS basic settings are too insecure for me and have to b monitored by more professionals. That's why I keep DNS in the hand of real providers. All other services are the debian recommended that's why I am on it.

Archived