Froxlor Forum

SysCP / Froxlor / Fedora profile development

Kai

Question

Hi,

we're going to use SysCP on our fedora machines. Some Minutes ago I found out, that SysCP's current version is from march 09 and Floxlor is a newer fork of it.

My first question is: Shall we use SysCP or this Fork? What about SysCP in the future? What about Floxlor? Why has it been forked?

The second question is: As we'd like to use fedora on our servers, I'd like to create a fedora "profile" for Froxlor (or SysCP, see Q1). Are u interested in a fedora profile / additional software patches from us if we have some improvements?

Thank you for your answers

Kai Gillmann

5 answers to this question

Hello Kai,

your first question can only be answered by yourself - everyone's free to decide what software he uses, but I personally recommend Froxlor because there are some important bugs which have been fixed in Froxlor but not in SysCP. Plus, it seems that SysCP is not being maintained actively.

More information about the story can be found in our first announcement.

Of course we are interessted in supporting as much systems as possible and we would be glad to have configuration-templates and additions for Fedora. Any help is apreciated ;-)

d00p

Hi,

it seems that SysCP is not being maintained actively.

Thats what I wanted to hear ;)

We'll go and test Floxlor. I don't know how many sense the billig-module will make for us, but I think we could go without it. If not, maybe we could help developing a replacement, but thats stuff for later days. I'll let you know when we decide to use Floxlor and start developing a fedora profile (Meeting this evenin).

Greetings from Fulda

Kai

Archived