Froxlor Forum

[solved] Client's quota

frontline

Question

Hello.

I have some questions about client's quota.

Setup system: Froxlor 0.9.14 / Apache2 / FCGID / Postfix-Dovecot / ProFTPD, running on Debian 5.0 Lenny.

1. I have a client with a quota of let's say 200 MB. What is included in current version of Froxlor for client's quota calculation ?

The desired quota should be calculated including:

- Used quota from vhosts (/var/www/vhosts/customer01)
- Used space from MySQL databases
- Used space from Emails (/var/mail/*_customer's_domains)
- Used space from logs (/var/www/logs/*_customer's_domains)
- Temporary files for vhosts (/var/www/tmp/*_customer's_domains)

2. How is the client limited to his quota ? (FTP quota limit, general mailboxes limit, etc.)

3. I have enabled Mail Quota in: Server -> Mailserver settings -> Use mailbox-quota for customers.

- 3a: This setting has an info test: "Activate to use quotas on mailboxes. Default is No since this requires a special setup." What is the special setup required ?

- 3b: When adding a mail account, the client is able to modify the quota to a value out of his quota range (eg, he can set quota for a mailbox to any value: 1024, 100000 MB). Is not supposed to obey quota rules for the entire account ?

Regards,

/Sorin

10 answers to this question

The desired quota should be calculated including:

- Used quota from vhosts (/var/www/vhosts/customer01)
- Used space from MySQL databases
- Used space from Emails (/var/mail/*_customer's_domains)
- Used space from logs (/var/www/logs/*_customer's_domains)
- Temporary files for vhosts (/var/www/tmp/*_customer's_domains)

logs are not being calculated since the admin decides how long they are kept etc.

2. How is the client limited to his quota ? (FTP quota limit, general mailboxes limit, etc.)

Customer will receive an e-mail at 90% of usage. FTP and Mail require special settings.

3. I have enabled Mail Quota in: Server -> Mailserver settings -> Use mailbox-quota for customers.

- 3a: This setting has an info test: "Activate to use quotas on mailboxes. Default is No since this requires a special setup." What is the special setup required ?

You need to edit the configuration of the mail-server, by default, Quota is not enabled.

- 3b: When adding a mail account, the client is able to modify the quota to a value out of his quota range (eg, he can set quota for a mailbox to any value: 1024, 100000 MB). Is not supposed to obey quota rules for the entire account ?

Hm - that might be a bug, please report to our bugtracker including all available information (steps to reproduce!)

logs are not being calculated since the admin decides how long they are kept etc.

If at least files, MySQL databases and Emails are include in quota, that's ok.

I can live with Logs and TMP files out of quota :)

Customer will receive an e-mail at 90% of usage.

In E-mail & file templates there is a "Notification mail for customers when ninety percent of traffic is exhausted", but there is no notification for disk space/quota used. Should I report a bug ?

FTP and Mail require special settings.

You need to edit the configuration of the mail-server, by default, Quota is not enabled.

In my tests, FTP quota and Mail quota seems to work properly, I didn't have to make any additional configurations beside what Froxlor recommended in Server -> Configuration :)

Hm - that might be a bug, please report to our bugtracker including all available information (steps to reproduce!)

The sum of all mailboxes quota should not be higher than "Webspace (MB)" value.

In addition to that, quota for a new account should consider the webspace already used.

Example:

Customer "Webspace (MB)": 200 MB

Space already used by files and MySQL databases: 30 MB

Add first email with 100 MB quota: OK

If I add an additional email address, the customer should no be able to enter more than 70 MB as quota.

I'll report a bug in the bugtracker.

Hello.

I have reported the bugs (#466 and #467).

I do have one more question: a client has used resources in Froxlor:

Webspace (MB): 105.33/110 (MB) 

Using du, I'm trying to see disk usage.

FTP/VHosts:
# du -sh /var/www/vhosts/customer01/
92M     /var/www/vhosts/customer01/

Email:
du -sh /var/mail/customer01/
552K    /var/mail/customer01/

Databases:
# du -sh /var/lib/mysql/customer01*
444K    /var/lib/mysql/customer01sql1
620K    /var/lib/mysql/customer01sql2
564K    /var/lib/mysql/customer01sql3
992K    /var/lib/mysql/customer01sql4
3.2M    /var/lib/mysql/customer01sql5

Total: ~ 98.03 MB

Why Froxlor displays a bigger amount ?

Also, I have tried to use "Recalculate resource usage", but the amount it's the same.

I have sent a bigger email message to the client, and still is the same amount. Mails are not counted in customer's used resources ?

Regards,

/Sorin

Thanks for quick answers.

This could generate a small difference from databases, I can live with that also :)

There is still one "unsolved" issue about quota.

The present statistics shows me:

Webspace (MB) 105.33/110 (MB)

I have sent some emails with attachments. Now du shows:

du -sh /var/mail/customer01/
9.5M    /var/mail/customer01/

After Server -> Recalculate resource usage, the client's resources remains exactly the same in Froxlor:

Webspace (MB) 105.33/110 (MB)

Shouldn't raise with the new emails size ?

Regards,

/Sorin

Archived