Froxlor Forum

install froxlog on unbuntu lucid

daureluc

Question

-----------------Resolved-------------------

Hi,

I have Ubuntu lucid and can see that froxlog is supposed to support this version. But i don't know what repository to use to install trough apt-get

do I use : deb http://debia.froxlog.org/ stable main.

Previously I has Syscp installed and it didn't work as all files where properly mixed up in the wrong place on the drive

also, unfortunately I have a dynamic IP and had to subscribe and configure my router for dyndns, will this feature be supported by froxlog as it could in syscp?

config :

mysql 5

php 5

apache 2

thanks

6 answers to this question

also, unfortunately I have a dynamic IP and had to subscribe and configure my router for dyndns, will this feature be supported by froxlog as it could in syscp?

I don't think SysCP ever supported this, neither does Froxlor, you have to have a static IP in ordner to make it work 100% correctly (or else, none of the domains will be reachable after an IP change)

Thanks for your comment but unfortunately it did not answer my questions. Also here is what it says on syscp faq -->

In fact syscp syscp faq extrait :

Q: Is it possible to use SysCP on a local server without a fixed IP?

Im using a dial-up connection (e.g. DSL) and the domain is hosted at DynDNS.org.

A: There are two different ways of getting SysCP to work on this kind of system.

If the server is connected behind a router using portforwarding, use the local FQDN as hostname and the local IP address.

Is the server is directly connected to the Internet and only has a dynamic IP given by the provider,

use * as IP address entry and the DynDNS.org hostname as SysCP hostname.

Any chance someone could answer my questions above?

many thanks

-----------------Resolved-------------------

Hi,

I have Ubuntu lucid and can see that froxlog is supposed to support this version. But i don't know what repository to use to install trough apt-get

do I use : deb http://debia.froxlog.org/ stable main.

Previously I has Syscp installed and it didn't work as all files where properly mixed up in the wrong place on the drive

config :

mysql 5

php 5

apache 2

thanks

Used the lenny deb worked fine for installation

however some issue seems to have appeared :

do not recognize url for PHPmyadmin

do not create customer home directories

No howto tutorial, documents or anything so even with some knowledge of how to use and configure domains it is very difficult to manage.

Lets say: you need to be an expert to understand and use

Shame!

if anyone have the idea to create a manual... it would not only be welcome but also very useful to all

To answer your question, you know that Froxlor is a SysCP fork? So, Froxlor also includes the DynDNS feature...

do not recognize url for PHPmyadmin

what's the error?

do not create customer home directories

did you configure cron? Is it running?

To answer your question, you know that Froxlor is a SysCP fork? So, Froxlor also includes the DynDNS feature...

what's the error?

did you configure cron? Is it running?

the error for phpmyadmin url is : not recognized as a valid url,

on my settings, phpmyadmin is accessible from : http://localhost/phpmyadmin

therefore I tried : http://localhost/phpmyadmin, localhost/phpmyadmin, 127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin...

but nothing works, it keep saying it's not a valid url

for cron, it just wont run and when i tried to check it in the console, it says it cant open it even though it's located in the correct file....

in the end i had to drop the idea of using this feature, way to complicated, once again the folders for clients would not be set in www anyway but in some obscure customer folder of froxlor, what's the point? apache would then not get them or you need to set physical link to make it work .

Using a control panel is supposed to make things easier, not more complicated... and after surching over internet, i made all my system work (dns...) in a few hours where froxlor would have taken me days...

extremely disappointed

thanks for your efforts, but unfortunately it's just not worth it with my configuration

Archived