Froxlor Forum

Update to froxlor 2.x fails

Tom Spielvogel

Question

I have tried to auto-update to the latest version.

I had to update php to 7.4.0, which I accomplished

php -v results in:

PHP 7.4.30 (cli) (built: Jun 27 2022 08:14:52) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.4.30, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

Now I am getting the "We are sorry, but a MySQL - error occurred. The administrator may find more information in the syslog" error.

Any advice is appreciated.

(e.g. where to read the syslog without web interface - maybe I can proceed from there, but if anyone has more insights, any help is welcome)

6 answers to this question

Thank you for your reply. I believe it was bc. the php-mysql module was missing in the new php installation. I have added it and now getting a new error (in admin_updates.php?page=overview):

Uncaught exception

0 Call to undefined function Froxlor\Config\simplexml_load_file()

#0 /var/www/froxlor/install/updates/preconfig/preconfig_2.x.inc.php(61): Froxlor\Config\ConfigParser->__construct()
#1 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Install/Preconfig.php(83): include('/var/www/froxlo...')
#2 /var/www/froxlor/lib/Froxlor/Install/Preconfig.php(98): Froxlor\Install\Preconfig->__construct()
#3 /var/www/froxlor/admin_updates.php(101): Froxlor\Install\Preconfig::getPreConfig()
#4 {main}

Yes. you're right. But my dist isn't supporting php7.4x ootb. I really have to update to something past Stretch at some point. But with so many customers running live, who has the time, ey?

Anyway, I am trying to get through somehow, now with xml extension working, getting:

A database error occurred

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1071 Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes

Last time the update went so smooth. But I believe it was from version 0.10...something, now updating to 2.x.. which I think is natural to meet some challenges

Just now, Tom Spielvogel said:

I really have to update to something past Stretch at some point. But with so many customers running live, who has the time, ey?

It really just takes a few minues tbh,,...done that a million times. We gladly offer you to do that for you :)

The database error also originates from too old distro, try: