Froxlor Forum

Customer log access?

sporkman

Question

Simple question - for debugging and similar tasks, how does one give a customer access to their logs?

I was looking for something in the ftp user creation screen, but didn't see anything there other than being able to give people access to a new directory under the webroot, but no option to drop them in the logs directory. Am I missing something?

7 answers to this question

as admin, edit customer -> "Enable access to access/error-logs?" 

The customer will then be able to see logs from within the froxlor domains overview, per domain (right option buttons).

There is no option to have access to these files via ftp

I must be missing something - I already have the toggle set, but I don't see any options as the customer to view logs.

In the admin side the toggle is set, and for good measure "allow editing domain" is set in case that's necessary to view logs.

I don't see anything in that last screenshot relating to logs, nor is anything in that domains section clickable.

Screenshot2023-05-13at1_39.25PM2.thumb.png.49a1cca66592d236ccae5c42857dd0e7.png

Screenshot2023-05-13at1_41.58PM2.thumb.png.5cb7e326dd498fef5eb466d29de1fbf8.png

Screenshot2023-05-13at1_36.35PM2.thumb.png.9fe5ad5d464a0ee6b20c1dd046bbd40c.png

1 minute ago, d00p said:

again, as customer, navigate to "domains" and there is a "view logs" button for each domain in the overview listing

I'm not seeing anything labelled "domains" in the customer dashboard other than the blocked-out domain you can see in the screenshot I attached. Nothing is clickable in that area, should it be? Does it not show up if I'm not logged-in directly as the customer (edit: just checked this by logging in directly).

Screenshot2023-05-13at1_58_49PM.thumb.png.544ddb24f1501608ea122dd7c5c69eeb.png

1 hour ago, d00p said:

Looks like you've added "Domains" to the options that are hidden to customers in your settings, hence no menu entry

Ah, yep. There's lots of things in there I don't want our customers touching. Weird place for logs...