Froxlor Forum

default ssl ciphers

df8oe

Question

Hi to all,

I have checked my sites with https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ to check http2 functionaliy. Everything is working fine - except there are many weak ciphers detected. I already have edited apache ssl config - it only contains the following ciphers:

SSLCipherSuite      ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-RSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256

But this has no effect - weak ciphers are staying exactly as before. I checked that froxlor generated configs also include a list of ciphers. Does this list override the default settings? Where can I edit the ciphers froxlor uses for building the configs? I never have focused on that before...

weak ciphers.png

7 answers to this question

Global/default: settings -> ssl settings -> Configure the allowed SSL ciphers

or on a per domain base: edit domain -> check "Override system TLS settings" and set "Configure the allowed SSL ciphers"

I am stepping forward. Because my server is running the newest software (Arch based) it now uses the strongest ciphers. One thing is remaining: I must use two weak ciphers to not kick off older OS/X and WindowsPhone devices. Now I want to set

"SSLHonorCipherOrder on"

"SSLSessionTickets   off"

and I did so in apache SSL mod settings. But Froxlor does not use this: "SSLHonorCipherOrder" is always set to "off" and "SSLSessionTickets" is ignored completely. How can I tell Froxlor to activate "SSLHonorCipherOrder" for all domains?

17 minutes ago, df8oe said:

I see database is already prepared has a field for this value. I will modify this in database.

No idea what you mean by that. I literally said these are settings in froxlor.