Froxlor Forum

customer Point of view: configuration of emails and MX records

newuser

Question

Hello,

What would be the steps involved to build email accounts once a domain has been activated/directed/linked to Froxlor customer portal:  

i.e. what configurations must be done in Froxlor for an email to be created? 

link the TLD to the IP and to the hostname? 

Link the nameserver to the TLD? 

create emails? 

create MX records? 

Copy MX records to your DNS? 

Test emails deliverability? 

How would you accomplish this? 

Thanks,

4 answers to this question

Are you a customer only or actually running the server? Not everything can be set/edited as customer.

Basically, be sure the domain points to the servers IP addresses. As customer, just add an email address and create an account for it. Hostname is most likely the servers hostname / the domain you are using to open froxlor. no special MX required as it is on the same server.

Thanks for replying.  Yes, I am an end user.  I like the concept of being able to run several sites via the console.  However, I am still used to following documentation as opposed to experimenting as I don't want miss-configure any domains.   I'll verify your suggestions and reply. Thanks,

To clarify, my hosting company is offering this application to run domains when they are in DEV.   So, I figured I would try to set up emails and a landing page. 

Part of the issue I had, was learning the new console and how to navigate it when trying to create an email.  My hosting company is not responsible for providing support for this application, so I figured I would try to get help via the forum. 

In the demo version: I tried testing the feature to create an email so I could reproduce it on my hosting companies platform. 

Here are some screenshots from the demo where I had some issues.

how can I navigate the creation of an email account from theses screens. 

Thanks,

Screenshot_2022-06-23 customer1 - Froxlor Server Management Panel.png

Screenshot_2022-06-23 customer1 - Froxlor Server Management Panel(1).png