Froxlor Forum

Mail not working

Sander Wyvi

Question

Hello,

I am using Froxlor for Webhost with Debian 11 and Apache2.

Unfortunately I can not send mails and also I can not receive mails.

In journalctl there is every second a warning from postifx.

Dez 02 17:05:17 vwebhost1.wyvi.de postfix/pickup[110125]: warning: 7B4B65A8C2A: message has been queued for 10 days
Dez 02 17:05:17 vwebhost1.wyvi.de postfix/pickup[110125]: 7B4B65A8C2A: uid=0 from=<root>
Dez 02 17:05:17 vwebhost1.wyvi.de postfix/cleanup[112313]: warning: connect to mysql server localhost: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
Dez 02 17:05:17 vwebhost1.wyvi.de postfix/cleanup[112313]: warning: mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_alias_maps.cf lookup error for "root@vwebhost1.wyvi.de"
Dez 02 17:05:17 vwebhost1.wyvi.de postfix/cleanup[112313]: warning: 7B4B65A8C2A: virtual_alias_maps map lookup problem for root@vwebhost1.wyvi.de -- message not accepted, try again later

Unfortunately I am missing any configuration for that mail as the used Domain is also the hostname...that was setup while I used the setup script for Froxlor...this message appears each second and makes debugging impossible...

5 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, Sander Wyvi said:

warning: mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_alias_maps.cf lookup error for "root@vwebhost1.wyvi.de"

99% sure it should be root@localhost - check your mysql-virtual* configs to be sure the mysql-connection is correct

vor 4 Minuten schrieb d00p:

Also, there should be an entry in /etc/aliases for the root user to point to an (preferable external) email address you can access if there's any issue with your server to receive important messages

# change this to a valid e-mail address you can access
root:               root@vwebhost1.wyvi.de

there is the entry for that mail address...but the e-mail must be accessable on the host.

I edited that entry to another mail address which exists but the message does not disappear...where does Froxlor save the mail address while the installation script is running?

vor 17 Minuten schrieb d00p:

99% sure it should be root@localhost - check your mysql-virtual* configs to be sure the mysql-connection is correct

It is just the "admin-Mail" which I set while install Froxlor. Did not know why it is not created automatically. I can also not setup the domain as it is the hostname...such a silly thing...

vor 17 Minuten schrieb d00p:

Wait, it should even be the user root but the froxlor database user you've created in the installation process.

Unfortunately I do not understand that...is it possible to write in German? My english is not the very best and only support is in english there :D