Froxlor Forum

Froxlor Update 0.9.40.1 to 0.10.21 fails (Browser hanging for >10 Minutes, then error)

krajenski

Question

Hello there!

We are using Froxlor since a couple of years and never had an issue updating.
At the moment >700 domains are in our main system.
Now we tried to finally update our installation from 0.9.40.1 to 0.10.21 using the usual .tgz-method, but unfortunately failed.
Login is displayed (after exchanging files and reloading) -> Login gets accepted -> Update confirmation notice is displayed -> Confirmation clicked -> Browser hangs (for >10 minutes)

Result: "Internal Server Error" and error.log just displays: "End of script output before headers: admin_updates.php"
I even had to increase "FcgidIOTimeout" to not having it timeout (I made several attempts, backing up files and db beforehand).

Any hint will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sebastian

7 answers to this question

The corresponding setting would be "Settings -> Cronjob settings -> Allow automatic database updates". 

I would frist stop the cron-daemon (so I'm control of the execution), adjust the settings and then run the cron manually using

php /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php --force --debug

I strongly recommend a prior backup :) If this does not work as expected, let me know, we'll figure something out to update your froxlor

You can check how far the update went through (SELECT value FROM panel_settings WHERE varname = 'db_version')

I'm pretty sure it's right before an update where something is done with the domains-table or related to it...700 domains is a lot :)

Good Morning d00p,
many thanks for your fast reply and the work you do!
I just tried it again, the answer is: 201912313

PS: I now dumped the failed db for possible further analysis before restoring.

Best Regards,
Sebastian

Ah yes, just how i thought. This was right before the adding of the new domain_ace field which then goes through all domains converting idna domains to their ace representation.

As you have a lot of domains this can of course take some time. I'd say in cases like this - CLI updater would be the better choice...Although the cronjob CAN (if allowed) include and handle these updates, i don't really recommend that - especially not on a live system.