Froxlor Forum

ProFTPd - SQL authentication - no such user found

Reynevan

Question

Hi,

I am trying to configure Proftpd on a Debian10 via Froxlor with a side-by-side config of implicit and explicit encrytpion. Respective on Port 990 and 21.
The Crypto seems to be working fine but I cant get the Virtual host to authenticate Users against the sql server. Just FYI, but I guess unrelated, the Server has a public IP and Is not NATed

Port 21 with explicit SSL works just fine and is set up as the default host in /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf

Port 990 gets past the handshake fine, but in /var/log/proftpd/proftpd.log i can see the following output

2020-05-19 16:09:48,347 iAmAteaPot proftpd[7325] 0.0.0.0 (dn.dn.dn [12.34.56.78]): USER reynevan: no such user found from dn.dn.dn [12.34.56.78] to ::ffff:98.76.54.32:990

Now I am trying to get the Virtual host I created to use the same authentication mechanism as the default host in /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf but I seem to miss how one would go about that.
I have tried serveral options from within the VHost, but all without luck. I didnt post configs as everything is working, except the authentication inside the Virtual Host, but if needed I will gladly provide some.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer to this question