Froxlor Forum

LetsEncrypt Delay

Steve Hannah

Question

I'm writing a script to automate the creation of a domain/site with the froxlor API.  I seem to be able to get everything to work, except that there is a delay for the SSL site creation.  I'm manually running the froxlor_master_cronjob.php --force script to try to expedite the creation of the site.  The letsencrypt certificate seems to be created successfully, but I get this error:

[error] mysite.example.com :: empty certificate file! Cannot create ssl-directives

(Note: mysite.example.com just a placeholder here - actual error contains my actual domain).

I can run the cron script manually as many times as a like and it doesn't make a difference.  But if I wait 5 or 10 minutes or so, it just magically starts working.   What piece of magic happens in that time, and can I trigger that magic to happen directly?

Thanks for any pointers.

1 answer to this question

well it would really be helpful to see the cron output using --debug - it seems, according to the message (empty certificate file) you do not have a (valid) fallback defined in the settings AND lets encrypt did not (yet) output the certificate.